• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Time for spring/summer mods yet???

Not really a mod because I needed new ones, but I switched from an all season to a summer only tire (and will get winters when winter approaches again). The tires that I had were BFG Traction TA's. Not the best tire, but it worked. The new tires are actually the original equipment for a SVT. BFG G-Force TA KDW's (Not to be confused with the KDWS). All i have to say is Holy traction, Batman! These things grip like nothing else I have ever experienced. In both dry and wet. Steering response is more instantaneous than with the Tractions. I am very happy with them. Only problem was that it snowed the day after I put them on. But its all better now.

I want the BAT european handling kit even more now. The car feels so much more like it could use it now. When going around a tight corner, grip would not run out. I only slowed when I felt the body roll was going to throw me out of my seat. Although, I could have other suspension issues right now that need to be resolved. Still, an amazing tire.

No mods planned (key word here) for this summer. I will be repainting the grille ring when I get a chance. Also I will need to repaint my calipers. Although I have the red paint to redo them in red, I am seriously considering painting them gold. Since this summer I will hopefully be getting my first real job, Some bodywork and painting will be taking place once I have the money to. The front bumper will be smoothed out and repainted. Although eventually, the whole car may be redone. Who knows, but the front bumper needs it with that license plate frame outline on there.

Also I will need to repaint my calipers. Although I have the red paint to redo them in red.

Yea I just did mine last summer w/ one of the brake caliper brush on kits. And the paint has allready cracked and peeled almost totally off. :bah:

Maybe its cheap paint or the high temps but you'd think it would last longer than 1 season????

Yea I just did mine last summer w/ one of the brake caliper brush on kits. And the paint has allready cracked and peeled almost totally off. :bah:

Maybe its cheap paint or the high temps but you'd think it would last longer than 1 season????

Its been about a year for mine too. I used the duplicolor brush on kit. I partly think it's my fault because i was blasting what is essentially a pressure washer that is the hoses at the local quarter car wash. I hoped to get the brake dust off but the paint came off. Only problem with going with the gold is the brand of gold that i've seen and liked is almost $40. And I can think of better things to spend $40 on for the car.

Summer wheels and tires are back on the SVT. :cool: A sign that warm weather is on the way. I just hope it doesn't snow again.

Finished the mesh install too:
DSC05579.jpg

Stazimeshrear.jpg

Summer wheels and tires are back on the SVT. :cool: A sign that warm weather is on the way. I just hope it doesn't snow again.

Finished the mesh install too:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/SVTContour/DSC05579.jpg

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/SVTContour/Stazimeshrear.jpg[/quote]

looks like my twin :D

Well, since everyone is switching to Stazi mesh...my Elky mesh is becoming more and more uncommon in the area.

Sorta like CheckerdSVT's post '98 antenna base. :laugh:

Well, since everyone is switching to Stazi mesh...my Elky mesh is becoming more and more uncommon in the area.

Sorta like CheckerdSVT's post '98 antenna base. :laugh:

I switched just for a change. I may still swap it back on occasionally.

Checker'd SVT has a pre-98 antenna base, he just hasn't put it on yet. I know this because I gave him one. ;) Seems we may need to do this mod to his car next time we get together. I'm going to replace that third brake light bulb also. :D

I switched just for a change. I may still swap it back on occasionally.

Checker'd SVT has a pre-98 antenna base, he just hasn't put it on yet. I know this because I gave him one. ;) Seems we may need to do this mod to his car next time we get together. I'm going to replace that third brake light bulb also. :D

With what?

yup, if i cant sell it in a few weeks im jsut gonna say screw it and take out a loan for the jeep and leae the signs in the tour and if it sells it sells if not o well i have 2 cars

Back