• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

V6 Focus Pics

V6FOCUS

New CEG'er
Hey guys.....Not sure were to post my hello but....I have got a 2000 ZX3 Focus with a 99 Contour 2.5L SVT swap. As far as i know it is the only one in canada.......I might be wrong. Ive been searching for ages trying to find stuff about the contour, I.E. performance stuff. But havent found much. it appears that there is loads of info here. I cant fit a supercharger or turbo so need more infor about beefed up internals.....any way here are a few pics.....

P9252119.jpg

P9252110.jpg

V6Motor2.jpg

matt

Looks really done up nice.!!:drool: :drool:

You could do a 3L swap. that will net you great gains.

Go into the 3L section we have here. And browse around. You will learn allot.

somebody has indeed turboed their duratec focus, his exact wording on the project was, we installed the engine and turbo, and then built the car around it though. lol, still sexy though!

Attachments

• sick ****in focus.jpg
    sick ****in focus.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
  • sick ****in focus turbo.jpg
    sick ****in focus turbo.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
step two is actully the hammer bit. step one is pull the engine.

thanx for the pics with the turbo..ive never seen that b4. i had looked at mouting a turbo in that area as well but didnt think it would work. anybody know the numbes with the turbo

i have also looked at the 3.0L upgrate but what kind of gains would i get?

Last edited:
somebody has indeed turboed their duratec focus, his exact wording on the project was, we installed the engine and turbo, and then built the car around it though. lol, still sexy though!

Yeah, that's a tight fit! Look at the downpipe routing :eek: I hope he had it coated or atleast wrapped after the pics were took, or that would be dumping a lot of heat back into the intake tube. Also, the coolant system would be picking up a lot of that heat too.

I'm impressed with the kit! It looks very well done. :cool:

Turbo 3L Focus...... mated up with atleast a T5 and setup for RWD would be simply sick :ponder: :drool:

Ooooooh, roughly 30HP and 40TQ!! Definitely worth the upgrade for the huge jump in torque!

Mark

only 30? Maybe for a straight oval port. I bet with a properly built hybrid (since he really can only go N/A) he could net 240WHP np.

Although a 3.0L Hybrid still has oil drainback issues :troutslap:

Dude are you seriously trying to correct mark? What is wrong with you?! HE OWNS A HYBRID. you own a carolla.... I think that gives him the upperhand.

QUIT IT

Back