• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Testing....testing...

IRingTwyce

I ROCK at bumper cars!
Graham, TX: a place so nice, they rob your house t
Yep. It's a keeper!
1004135tb9.jpg

This was a test run on a spare door panel. It's a brushed aluminum backing. You can't really see it in this pic. The next run will be more centered on the silver. I'll post up a pic of the final product on my '98. I also have a Pioneer one laid out for the '96.

You can see the brushed finish a bit better in this pic, though the flash obscures the overlay some:
1004133zr8.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments! Here are the pics of it in my Greystone interior. I rotated it 90 degrees so the brushing was vertical rather than horizontal, to match my HU.

Close-up on the driver's door:
1004137df6.jpg

And a shot across to the passenger door, with all the other coordinating bits in the shot:
1004141rk3.jpg

As for how it's done, they are printed on a brushed aluminum metalicized poly vinyl using a thermal resin printer/plotter. The main drawback to selling these though, is the amount of work that goes into setting up the graphics. Importing the .jpg and .gif logos, then converting them to vector format, and finally cleaning up the image and making it something useful takes a lot of time. Especially when you start with small logos. The Clarion, Infinity, and Pioneer logos probably took me a good two and a half hours to make useable. When a customer comes in and requests this sort of thing, I always charge a fee for artwork set-up. It wouldn't really be feasible for me to do that here.

If you've got a Clarion, Infinity, or Pioneer then yes, I'll definitely sell some if there is interest enough. I'll have to think about other brands. If anyone out there has vector format files or LARGE jpegs of any other audio brand's logo and wants to send them to me, then it would speed up the process.

Last edited:
I've had these little guys on for a while now for my JL 5x7's speakers

IMG_1180.jpg

Just need some of these plates made w/ the Alpine logo and I'll be set.

Last edited:
i like the idea a lot, i hate the way it says STEREO or whatever from the factory, reminds me of the SHO too much

Haha. Yea, the speaker grilles in my 95 still say 'Premium Sound'. Of course, they're covering beautiful Infinity speakers.

Still, those look extremely nice. Definitely adds a nice touch to the interior. I wish I had something nice like that for the SHO.

I really like those and would buy a few, but I like to keep my car audio a secret. I would hate to buy these, advertise my system to a theif, and have my stuff stolen.

I really like those and would buy a few, but I like to keep my car audio a secret. I would hate to buy these, advertise my system to a theif, and have my stuff stolen.

Seeing as how small they are, they'd probably have to already be in your car to read them. At that point, you're already screwed.

Back