• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This sends shivers down my spine...

JesusFreak

Hard-core CEG'er
I don't know about anyone else, but this car looks so mean, it gives me massive goosebumps just looking at it...

URL]

i suck at the internet!!

I can't wait til companies decide to start putting manuals back into their "sports cars".:nonono: Great an 8-speed automatic with paddle shifting. I mean cool as an option but can I get a 6-speed like most of the cars it's competing against (M5, etc.).

its cool and all...but i think the hood bubbles up a little to much for my liking...thats not to say i still wouldn't hit it...:drool:

its cool and all...but i think the hood bubbles up a little to much for my liking...thats not to say i still wouldn't hit it...:drool:
IIRC, you can thank the E.U. and their nanny-mindset passenger impact requirements for the bigger schnozzes (higher hood lines) on new cars. I can remember when Honda used to brag that the Accord had the lowest hoodline of any sedan built. Those days are long gone. If you look at the profile of a Mazda3, you'll see the same tall hump starting above the grill.

Thats sick, I remember seeing these as a concept, such a nice looking car. Although it does look alot like something I know, hmm, an RX-8

g_1.jpg

2495252_1_full.jpg

I can't wait til companies decide to start putting manuals back into their "sports cars".:nonono: Great an 8-speed automatic with paddle shifting. I mean cool as an option but can I get a 6-speed like most of the cars it's competing against (M5, etc.).

could you imagine how much replacement parts for an 8 speed electronic controled paddle shifter cost. Thats enough to either 1. scare me away from buying it or 2. never drive it hard for fear of it messing up.

could you imagine how much replacement parts for an 8 speed electronic controled paddle shifter cost. Thats enough to either 1. scare me away from buying it or 2. never drive it hard for fear of it messing up.

Im with you on that! what ever happened to days of pushing the clutch in and shifting! Im sure such semi-automatic gearboxes like the SMG are fun, but still, I want a 3rd pedal!

Im with you on that! what ever happened to days of pushing the clutch in and shifting! Im sure such semi-automatic gearboxes like the SMG are fun, but still, I want a 3rd pedal!
Some of these semi-automatic gear boxes are becoming faster than MTX's. Takes the fun out of driving though :cry:

They need to get rid of that double decker exhaust, then maybe the IS-F wouldn't be so ridiculous :laugh:

Thats sick, I remember seeing these as a concept, such a nice looking car. Although it does look alot like something I know, hmm, an RX-8

I dont see the resemblence at all, the lines are completely different.

More focus on driving and less on shifting... not sure why so many people are stuck on real manuals over the newer generation paddle shifted manuals.

I'm sure all the F1 guys would rather have stick shifts back :p because it would make driving the car more fun.

As long as I can control the shifting gimme a paddle.

More focus on driving and less on shifting... not sure why so many people are stuck on real manuals over the newer generation paddle shifted manuals.

I'm sure all the F1 guys would rather have stick shifts back :p because it would make driving the car more fun.

As long as I can control the shifting gimme a paddle.
I completely agree with that one!

Here here !!!!
I'm all for that !
How about a 5 or 6 speed manual in the V6 Fusiuon.. PLEASE FORD ! Listen to your customers !!!!

i have too much adhd to not have a stick shift, thats my excuse and im stickin too it.

mwahahah!

and to keep it more on topic, that car is the sex!

every line about hat car is different from the rx8, i think the only "resemblence" they have is that they are both different from anything before, but that doesnt make them look the same at all...

Well if you can get a car with a paddle shift setup that does the proper engine rev matching on downshifts, that's one thing. Without it I would question the durability of the transmission. Seems only the Ferraris, Lambos and other "super" cars have this feature. I could be wrong though. :shrug:
Karl

Back