• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

slow svt

wow, that was a horrible run (no offence) but not badfor a first time, you have a little work to do on your shifting though I heard a quick bounce off the rev limited... And what is UP with your exhaust?

yea i let it bounce to long it will get better, what you mean by the exhaust

Ahh, nevermind I just listened to it closer, I heard the mustang's exhaust and mistook it for yours... Yours sounds fine :cool:

yea it was slow, i was very nervous about launching it, i have just replaced the whole tranny, so i wanted to take it easy, next week there should be some better times if the nitrous comes in time

Last edited:
and i bought the car with the exhaust like that, havent had time to change it, what should i do to it, any suggestions would be helpful, and yea i know it was slow so you dont have to keep reminding me of that, for 3grand i want to take it easy

Can we stop bashing this guy. He said he wanted to take it easy. And how do you know why the tranny blew up. For you know it was bad to begin with and just died on the track.
How bout this. Get another video up later when you decide to let rip and then we'll see what people say.

well i was gone on vaccation and my parents had my car, so when i got back they had told me what had happen and it was already fixed, i was pissed becasue i could of got it done cheaper and also had the limited slip put in, but i didnt have to pay for it so. i guess the differential was shot, both axles were broke, the synchos were messed up in third gear, and my parents were dumb to take it to a ford dealership

Last edited:
well i was gone on vaccation and my parents had my car, so when i got back they had told me what had happen and it was already fixed, i was pissed becasue i could of got it done cheaper and also had the limited slip put in, but i didnt have to pay for it so. i guess the differential was shot, both axles were broke, the synchos were messed up in third gear, and my parents were dumb to take it to a ford dealership

So wait, your parents messed up your car that bad that soon? How long were you on vacation?

THEY TOOK IT TO A DEALER?!?! :nonono:

i was away with my real dad racing dirt cars for a month and when i came back it was fixed so yea they took it to a dealer

Ok, I'll give you some credit then... I was under the impression that you were drag racing it, dropped the tranny, paid $3k for a new one, then were racing again.

BTW, if you didn't have a LSD installed, your tranny has a very good chance of going out again if you are driving hard (like drag racing). IIRC, Terry Haines has even seen stock diffs go out on a stock car that was driven hard.

eek I did better than that with my ATX Cougar on 19's at Cougarfest the other year...

gotta agree on the exhaust... it sounds a bit too tin-ish...

hope all is well with the new tranny

was that a GT mustang or a 6 cylinder?

Ok, I'll give you some credit then... I was under the impression that you were drag racing it, dropped the tranny, paid $3k for a new one, then were racing again.

What's wrong with that, even if that is what happened? Gotta pay to play! Granted, I haven't had to pay for either of my tranny rebuilds, I still go out and give it hell.

NVMYSVT- That's a Mach1. Low 13 second cars from the factory.

Mark

Back