• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Intake Help

-ray-

New CEG'er
Today I started to mod by ford contour. I purchased a air filter off a website and an adapter from pepboys. Now after installing the filter my check engine light came on. I reset the computer and all is well..

Now the problem is now, my contours idle raises, and drops while parked, as if its trying to keep from bogging out.

Now taking notice, i noticed my MAF sensors harness was stripped and the wires were touching. I seperated them and all was well for another minute or two, then it started repeating it self..

Can anyone help.

Youve probably got an intake leak of some sorts. Does it drop below the normal idle RPM, shudder, and then jump back up? If its doing this, you more than likely have a leak somewhere.

Btw, the CEL probably could have diagnosed it for you.

I had it diagnosts a short while ago.. The guy said it was a problem with the MAF Sensor, but could not specif the exact problem. He said it could range from the sensor to the ECU.

I reset the ECU, shorly after, and my check engine light went off and that is when it started acting fiunny

I had it diagnosts a short while ago.. The guy said it was a problem with the MAF Sensor, but could not specif the exact problem. He said it could range from the sensor to the ECU.

I reset the ECU, shorly after, and my check engine light went off and that is when it started acting fiunny

Do you recall the CEL code?

Back