• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

blue pre-98

SVT3Rivieres

CEG'er
somebody can tell me what the name of the kind of royal blue of the pre-98 ?

and if somebody have a picture it will be appreciate also, its hard to search when you dont know the name
thx !

I'm guessing this is the blue you're interested in:
10023252ho2.jpg

However, I do not have a name for it. Sorry.

Im guessing its:

Royal Blue Metallic Clearcoat KM/M6479 (Moonlight)

You can read the entire list of colors and paint codes in the "Read Me first before Posting" thread at the top.

That's a great blue. I saw it on a SE and it looked so good enough that I was half-tempted to buy it even though mechanically it was skanky.

its because i got a friend who have a GL 95 and planning to do some "relooking" so i wanted to suggest him that color with a svt bodykit :)

Maybe someone has pictures of 95MID's old car. he hasnt posted here in probably a few years though. He was the first person to put an svt rear fascia on a pre 98 iirc. He later put the svt side skirts. I dont think he ever did a front svt fascia though.

EDIT: found a picture.
picture.JPG

Amazing to think how far we've come since then. Seriously, I joined probably in 1999 and seeing pics like this make me miss the good ole days of CEG.

Last edited:
The color is Moonlight Blue Metallic, available from 95-98 (rare on 98s) and the color code is KM...it's the color mine was and, IMO, the coolest color available :drool:

Maybe someone has pictures of 95MID's old car. he hasnt posted here in probably a few years though. He was the first person to put an svt rear fascia on a pre 98 iirc. He later put the svt side skirts. I dont think he ever did a front svt fascia though.

EDIT: found a picture.
http://www.fototime.com/{CADF463D-D89C-4E77-8CD2-288E103FEC5A}/picture.JPG

Amazing to think how far we've come since then. Seriously, I joined probably in 1999 and seeing pics like this make me miss the good ole days of CEG.

Here's a pic of 95MID's car at a meet in Charlottesville in 2000. I'm on the far right (yikes, hard to believe my car only had ~12K miles on it then!). I can't recall the name of the owner of the SVT on the far left, but the owner next to him was named Howard. By the way, Andrew (95MID) took this picture (it's the only pic I've got left from that faithful day).
contourtgrouppic3.jpg

Back