• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need a new deck... Recommendations?

96BlackSE

CEG'er
Hey guys,
I just had my car broken into last night and they stole my Alpine 9811 which I loved :(
I liked the green lights on it that it matched perfectly to the interior and it seems like all the new alpines come with blue lights :troutslap:

Anyhow my budget is around 300-350 and I don't know what to get let me know if you have any thoughts

Thanks!

Now would be the time to get a new deck, all the new models are coming out and all the old ones are going to be discounted to get rid of them.... get out to your local reatailer and look around. I know the Best Buy around here is selling most of the old models from last year at clearance price. If you have an Ipod the new decks all have speed cables... it looks like everyone copied Alpine's idea for this years models. Personally I'm saving up for a in-dash flip out, but I don't have the money for one yet.

I've always been a fan of the Clarion Pro Audio line. I picked mine up for $250, original MSRP was $500 or $600. Yay for buying last years model! The buttons as well as the display are adjustable, and it has built-in flash memory so you can rip up to 6 or so CDs directly to the head unit. DXZ755MC for reference.

I would NOT buy from a major retailer, however, unless you just can't stand to wait for UPS. You'll get a MUCH better deal buying online. Guaranteed.

Back