• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

After two years with an outdoor driveway nestled under pine trees, I am delighted to have moved back to a home with a garage. Had a tow since it had not been driven in a year, despite firing up fine. It will sit for a little while longer while I work on house projects, then I will decide to restore or sell.

Attachments

• IMG-3498.jpg
    IMG-3498.jpg
    627.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-3497.jpg
    IMG-3497.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 8
Pulled out the old OEM headlamps with eyelids that had been boxed up for nearly 10 years. Perfect!

Attachments

• 73CBDEBB-5D0F-4F0B-B76A-65CD767B4A33.jpeg
    73CBDEBB-5D0F-4F0B-B76A-65CD767B4A33.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 2930AEB2-DB95-48FE-BA39-929F4E7FE701.jpeg
    2930AEB2-DB95-48FE-BA39-929F4E7FE701.jpeg
    276.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 2F51B953-5347-4C90-BDA7-ED37678288EA.jpeg
    2F51B953-5347-4C90-BDA7-ED37678288EA.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 3
My '95 2.0L blew a head gasket in March. Today I'm looking for a ZX2 header (yeah, some downpipe modification is needed); and in the next few days taking the cylinder head to a shop for a look-over and milling if it's warped.

Drove the SVT today. Put new hood struts on the SeVT the other week as one had failed. The big one was the new home for the contours.

IMG_7507.JPG

IMG_7508.JPG

So 10 years ago or so my younger brother "killersport" told our nephew the t-green would be his when he could drive...after years of stashing the car and being neglected it ended up in rough shape, my nephew who is now 14 didn't even know the car still existed, well he came to visit me this winter and discovered his green contour was still around :) despite the rough shape he was more excited than I had ever seen him when he pulled the cover up to see it was his car hiding under it. I was told I don't want any other car this is like destiny he says.I want this one and I'll do whatever it takes to get it back on the road so this spring he had officially got the title.

Both front fender got replaced on it this weekend and he chose the aas front bumper over oem. We have a long road ahead of us still but seeing him and his younger brother dive into the project makes my day and has resparked the motivation that I have needed to get back wrenching on the svt's.

20220626_141853.jpg
20220626_171002.jpg

Man, where did you get that t-short? I NEED one.

Drove the CSVT today to a cruise-in but didn't stay very long. Lots of shiny cars there, but the Contour may have been the rarest. When I got home, I replaced the relatively new rear blinker light (stamped with China) with one from my parts stash that I've probably had for 30 years. Turn signal is working properly again.

And I scratched my head a lot. Last week, I had to jump start the car so I could get to the shop and get a new battery. Ever since, the car will occasionally rev to 3000 rpm when I put the clutch in. It comes back to idle in about 15-20 seconds. It didn't do it on the way to the cruise-in, but it did it at almost every stop light on the way home. What's with that?

Mike

Alternator done yesterday. Headache and a half. Today I repainted my windshield A-pillar trim, tinted my tail lights and colour matched my grille. Almost looks like a different car now.
The painted grill and tinted tails really set the car off.

20220806_115827.jpg

i had to do my alt about a month ago.
i remove the strut, knuckle,axle and intermediate shaft as an assembly and it cuts the job in half.

on saturday at a local show, where it rained all day!

Haven't done anything to the car. she just runs like a swiss watch.

started looking into some new wheels for next year.

started setting the shop up for the new 3l build this winter.

Popped a new battery into my car to see if it’d fire up since getting towed to my house from the previous owners place.

Didn’t take much effort, fired right up but there was a warning light on the dash, I think it was a cooling system light so I didn’t leave it on too long, as I wasn’t sure how much was in the system, or if there was maybe air stuck in the lines.

Haven't done anything to the car. she just runs like a swiss watch.

started looking into some new wheels for next year.

started setting the shop up for the new 3l build this winter.
What wheels do you have now? I think they look great. I'm assuming 18's?

Back