• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

253whp / 223 tq

Manimillion

Veteran CEG'er
Finally I got around taking my car to get tuned.

Numbers were very surprising. Plus now that the car is tune, it is completely a different animal! Drives so well and pulls so nice. No more idle problems nor any throttle hang.

Either way, this might put an end to the discussion about oval port or hogged out port 3L swaps.

dynosheete.jpg

WTF!!!!! So you got like 30hp from the last tune you had? Thats very impressive man good job. I gotta get my arse in line since I have pretty much the same mods plus some longtubes.

WOW! With just a full 3L, bolt ons and a tune? And on a Mustang dyno, which are notorious for reading low. That's very impressive sir.

Curious how long the tuner took on the dyno? Has he ever tuned this platform before?

Can not wait for the videos to come, looks like you have stepped the car up tremendously for this year.

Curious how long the tuner took on the dyno? Has he ever tuned this platform before?

Can not wait for the videos to come, looks like you have stepped the car up tremendously for this year.

The tuner has tuned other 3L's but nothing close to this. He tuned Steeb or Steb from CEG's car as well.

The tuner is a very competent SCT tuner. Very expensive though. It was done at Steeda Canada.

How many pulls did you do and was that your highest whp?

Did a couple of pulls, this was the highest, mostly they were all within the same range.

whaaaaat?! how the hell?! thats crazy. lets see that list of mods

also do you have an a/f ratio graph?

Have the a/f graph as wel, I need to scan that sometime.

The mods are pretty much what you see in my signature.

Have the a/f graph as wel, I need to scan that sometime.

The mods are pretty much what you see in my signature.

wel thats crazy, how you got 50 more whp then me, i did get a quick dyno tune though. how long was the tuning process? im thinking about taking it back

Great numbers! With the SVT cams and the big ST220 UIM, I'm surprised to see the power drop so fast at 6k rpm though. Is that intentional (soft rev limiter or something)? I just would have expected it to keep pulling to close to 7k+.

4400rpm to 6000rpm has awesome torque... all the power you need when you're shifting. Now I'd like to see some 1/4 mile times... something to disrupt the stagnant Contour entries on dragtimes.com ;)

wel thats crazy, how you got 50 more whp then me, i did get a quick dyno tune though. how long was the tuning process? im thinking about taking it back

Depends on what year 3.0L you have. 04+ make more power than the older ones....and making that engine breathe, breathe, breathe. Obviously he is doing that with the SVT cams, the ST220 intake and full true dual exhaust. These engines are capable of making decent power, you just need the right parts to do it. TRicker made almost 220 on a VERY low reading dyno (more so than a mustang dyno) with just an 04+ engine, exhaust work (headers, ypipe, etc), and an escape UIM (I think that is what it was) with a good tune. You throw on the SVT cams, a true dual exhaust and that UIM and he could have been in the same ball park.

Wow. Sweet numbers for a NA man! As for the Oval vs Split, we've been thru this a million times. The split port is easier to do period. And might i add the ancestor to the oval port by the way:D. So respect to the split port swaps son! lol

Depends on what year 3.0L you have. 04+ make more power than the older ones....and making that engine breathe, breathe, breathe. Obviously he is doing that with the SVT cams, the ST220 intake and full true dual exhaust. These engines are capable of making decent power, you just need the right parts to do it. TRicker made almost 220 on a VERY low reading dyno (more so than a mustang dyno) with just an 04+ engine, exhaust work (headers, ypipe, etc), and an escape UIM (I think that is what it was) with a good tune. You throw on the SVT cams, a true dual exhaust and that UIM and he could have been in the same ball park.

Agreed. Especially exhaust... A tru dual exhaust setup will do absolute wonders even for a stock 2.5. Mani's car makes me wanna build another 3L so bad:drool:. Will probably go with oval this time tho. I wanna track an svt so bad, but i dont know if i wanna use my turbo'd one:ponder:

I would love to see Mani get a set of the reground cams that buckeyesvt recently put on his car, he started with the 3L cams and gained 20hp and 10tq once they were tuned in. Add a set of these longtube headers I have and I would bet this car would be around 275whp and 235wtq, from bolt ons....

Back