Best N/A numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starjammir View Post
    Best the car has done NA is 220/200 and that was done by me. I believe IF Stabler did it, it might have done that with spray when he did the big shot on the 2.5 before it blew.
    Yeah the 218whp dyno sheet seems old- looks like it was before the IMRC was deleted as there's a drop in power at 4k. I can't remember where I got the 231 figure from but it's stuck in my head from somewhere. Anyways, how ya been man? lol
    Sold- 98.5 Silver Frost #5979 :(
    Officially a troll. 2002 Suzuka Blue Honda S2000 on Works

Comment

rwalton, 237 at the wheels for a built 2.5L sounds like a top end rocket, and IIRC, that's consistent with road course postings you blessed us with. What kind of torque curve and torque peak did your built 2.5 generate? I once got a nice dyno peak HP result on my street driven 2.5, but torque was below that of many 3Ls, around 175 ft lbs.
      MSDS, SHO-shop Y, 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530, pud heatshield; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THMS forks, Quaife; DMD; UD pullies; 94A poly mnts. 92.03 trap speed. SF/MB '98 SVT E0 #3159 8/21/97 236K miles. Was a witch's ashtray

Comment

I looked and found my last dyno graph. I was wrong it made 246.3hp and 175 ft lb. It makes max hp at 7800 rpm torque is flat from about 6500-7500. I currently have rev limit at 8250rpm, it is still making hp but is falling off quickly.
        It is a fun engine but idles at 1800rpm is difficult to drive under 3000rpm. Not a great street engine!!

Rob
        1998 Contour SVT Race car
        2002 LG Motorsports Trans Am
        Bondurant SVT Contour #2 (Minor racing incident)

Comment

Threads like this is why I still poke around now and then (as well as to sell parts I have floating around)

Detailed mod list vanished with the old forums. 11.7:1 Ross Pistons, Escape 3L block & Heads (ported), SVT Cams, 60mm TB, Honed UIM, LIM optimized and so on. Built in my garage :-)

Steeda_Sept2305..jpg
          NOW: 2008 Aspen White STI
          TRACK: 2008 Legacy GT Spec-B (ex-Koni Challenge SRRT car)
          STOLEN: 2006 Aspen White STI
          Auto Parts For Sale.

Comment

What sort of numbers could I expect from a fully forged, high compression 2.5 V6 in N/A format with all the SVT goodies? 250hp at the crank would be very nice, more would be better

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Rider ST View Post
              What sort of numbers could I expect from a fully forged, high compression 2.5 V6 in N/A format with all the SVT goodies? 250hp at the crank would be very nice, more would be better
              1million
              3.0 13.5@104 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tisIv-JstmE

NEW GCK axles $65 each!

Comment

Ghostrider, I'm confused. Fully forged with svt goodies, NA? With what other goodies? 250 hp at the crank, less 16% for transmission loss, yields a ballpark figure of 210 hp at the wheels. I personally do not think you need special forged components and extra compression to do that. Right combo of intake mods, exhaust mods and a saint of a tuner has a shot of getting that result. Then again, some will say it's sacrilegious to suggest it is so do-able without a 3L.

I found the OLD archives' thread in the dyno & drag forum from Feb 2006 about people using (too big) 65 mm TBs and (too restrictive) optimized stock y pipes and the awful kinked MSDS y pipes in effect telling me and my tuner's boss we were full of it over saying we got 200+ fwhp on my 2.5L.

Even with power, you still need torque and traction. Get those, you might also need new half axles.
                MSDS, SHO-shop Y, 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530, pud heatshield; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THMS forks, Quaife; DMD; UD pullies; 94A poly mnts. 92.03 trap speed. SF/MB '98 SVT E0 #3159 8/21/97 236K miles. Was a witch's ashtray

Comment

Originally posted by 96BlackSE View Post
                  1million
                  lololololololololol winnar
                  SOLD ---- Sean - 1998.5 3.0L CSVT #5906 - "MONSTOUR"

Originally posted by rexxdoggy
                  My intake right now is a heat soak muh fuh'in short ram gayness.

Comment

Working...
                  X