• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock times

SVT

7.2-7.5 ~ 0-60mph
15.2-15.4 @ 91mph ~ 1/4 mile

V6 MTX

7.5-7.7 ~ 0-60mph
15.8-15.9 @ 88mph ~ 1/4 mile

You know the old saying. The shift to 3rd gear makes the 0-60 times look abnormally slow. For example just adding 250 rpm to the SVT's redline cuts over 1/2 second off this time. However the car is not accelerating 1/2 second quicker overall but just to the 60mph speed reference point. Statistics are all in how you take them apart.

I ran my CSVT 99, today with iPhone pocket dyno app (says its as accurate as track) said I did 0-60 in 7.8 :D I have k & n filter..
and yeah I realized 2nd gear only goes to 56 lol then ya have to hit 3rd to get to 60 :(

yea. i didnt know it was an option and i was tight on money. plus some ppl say it feels more slugish with the lower ratio. but idk if it would be faster or slower

yea. i didnt know it was an option and i was tight on money. plus some ppl say it feels more slugish with the lower ratio. but idk if it would be faster or slower

There really isn't a difference. If theirs feels slugish, they didn't build the engine the right way. If anything, it might help out with traction a little bit (ok it doesn't, I still snapped an axel at the knuckle).

I did a 16.2 ET at 135 kph (83 mph) with my ST24 Mondeo. Had a custom cat-back (decat really) exhaust, a bit of a diet and that was it. Had a clogged paper air filter, 1 broken engine mount and a broken gearbox roll restrictor and a dodgy clutch, and best of all, a blown rear bank head gasket. Not too bad with all things considered.

Hopefully, once my engine is all back together, exhaust and induction kit fitted and dodgy bits fixed I should go under 16 no problem at all

Back