• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Most Powerful N/A 3L Built?

I doubt it...just means you need to actually drive the car there. We all know that isn't going to happen :)
Trailers exist for this...

I kinda doubt they would do a group rate for dyno tunes because it takes like 4-6 hours per car. We would be there all day long if we did 4 cars. :laugh: I know they do group rates for just dyno pulls though.

DB Tuning does do group pricing, just need to call for details. If we were going to go in on a group buy, I would vote to do it the day before Summer Nationals (Friday July 21). Many of us attend this event and will be coming from all over to go. I have 3-4 hours drive time each way so I'd rather not make that kind of drive just to Dyno and go home.

I'll wager lunch or dinner my Dyno beats yours :)

Sorry way to late for me. My car needs to be tuned for SZ11, assuming my paint work is completed by then. Plus I don't think they do group pricing on tuning... dynos for sure, but tuning not so much.

EDIT: Looks like Tony beat me to the punch...

Sorry way to late for me. My car needs to be tuned for SZ11, assuming my paint work is completed by then. Plus I don't think they do group pricing on tuning... dynos for sure, but tuning not so much.

EDIT: Looks like Tony beat me to the punch...

See my thread in North Central forum. Lets continue our Dyno conversation there.

It should put out numbers near TRickers....and you have to remember the dyno that he used was a VERY low reading dyno. They were basically the same engine...he had a better flowing intake, the pudmobile has a better flowing exhaust.

i dunno about the better flowing exhaust point there..... my car had weapon R headers and Y, to a 2.5" test pipe and 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust, with only 1 muffler and no resonator.

i'd be willing to bet that the dyno sheets would come out almost identical though. my car's exhaust was too loud and didnt sound as good as the pudmobile, unless you like loud crackly gurgly annoying exhausts.

i wouldnt even try to do a "group rate" on a tune. every tune has to be different. if you want a stack of 180hp, 5 pull "tunes", call hitech....they do that. danny spends more time on each car, cuz he's the f'n man. :p i really can't stress how much i enjoyed having him tune my car. he let me get all in his face and learn how to tune with an xcal PRP. he also showed me his "secret" which included re-writing every timing table for the car, not just changing the value on the spreadsheet. if you do it that way, you reach a point where it doesn't have any effect, no matter what number you put in. if you completely rewrite the tables, you can make them anything you want. my timing curve was pretty radical..... to the point where 87 octane would make it detonate. my brother drove my car and put 87 in it and i had to pull the fuel out because it was running reallly lean lol

Found a really low mileage 3L...... I am confidant that by the end of the week, it will all be wrapped up, and the engine should be on its way to my place...

Let the fun times start!

The answer is both. I wanted to know how much people have gotten out of a N/A 3L ... and how they got there.

Do everything I did to my engine, then run larger valves (contact Ferrea, will run you about ~$1700 for valves IIRC) then get in touch with ROSS and have them build you some domed pistons to get you to around 12:1 compression. I'd suggest running on E85. I guarantee that will be the most powerful N/A motor.

Do everything I did to my engine, then run larger valves (contact Ferrea, will run you about ~$1700 for valves IIRC) then get in touch with ROSS and have them build you some domed pistons to get you to around 12:1 compression. I'd suggest running on E85. I guarantee that will be the most powerful N/A motor.

Yea do that then I will have a goal to beat :)

Just found this thread from a link and was curious if any of the posters in here have actually made it to a dyno yet?

100_0461.jpg

Here's mine when it first got tuned. No new additions for power yet.

Back