• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Weighed the '00 SVT Contour

Ride height especially by tires isn't going to make a huge difference but i'd be interested in how much.

I know I'm reviving an old thread but I just took in some scrap metal the other day and got my car weighed.

Mine came to 3065 lbs with just under 3/4 tank of gas and about 30lbs of amplifiers.

The car is a 99 Se Sport V6 ATX power windows and locks, no sunroof, no abs, rear drums, manual seats and a cloth interior. I was hoping it would have been closer to 2900 :shrug: oh well

3123 with me in it 1/4 tank on some fancy car scale. I've lightened it up quite a bit but shes still to heavy.

Does weight really effect the car that much? I thought i heard/saw that its a 1/10th of a second faster down the quarter with every 100 lbs lifted. To me, if that is true then there is no point in reducing weight.
But if weight does play a big role, i might just have to leave my 4 woofers and 4 amps at home next time i go out:blackeye:.

Does weight really effect the car that much? I thought i heard/saw that its a 1/10th of a second faster down the quarter with every 100 lbs lifted. To me, if that is true then there is no point in reducing weight.
But if weight does play a big role, i might just have to leave my 4 woofers and 4 amps at home next time i go out:blackeye:.

in the 1/4 mile small amounts of weight arent a huge deal, unless you are just short of beating some time goal. however weight is a big deal when it comes to handling as the tires can only take so much lateral force before they start to lose grip. less weight means less lateral force while cornering.

I just weighed mine at the junk yard. I drove up on the scale and everyone was looking. It was quite amusing. I think I even saw one of the guys pull out his wallet. LOL
Mine was at 2980 without me but with a lot of junk, some small parts, tools, papers, a few bottles of random fluid, etc.
A 10" sub and amp (plus pillow for amp) full stereo.

The rear seats have been removed: both back sections, lower seat, and belt equipment.

I also removed the rear mufflers and have straight pipes.

Oh and I think my tank is around half.

Just weighed mine with a few things inside, my spare and my jack and it weighed 3030. Once i get my pre cats off and my beast of a y pipe it should go down a bit Id assume, also had a full tank of gas.

Back