• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Weighed the '00 SVT Contour

Grenade

CEG'er
It has the 3.0. The car had 1/4 tank of gas, and everthing else was in the car. It has headers, so maybe that saved a little weight. So basically it was in 100% street trim. without me in it of course. The weight was at a certified scale at truck stop...

2920 lbs... I think I can get it easily under 2900 race weight. I'm pleased with the light weight. Is this a pretty normal weight? What are other people seeing?

it was an option in 98. 99 and 00 all had a sunroof.

I weighed mine once and it tipped 3,000lbs. I don't remember exactly the weight but it was a fatty.

About 2950 to 3150 is "average", though I've seen heavier select examples!

When mine was stock, it weighed in at 2987. That's with a sunroof and the spare + jack was in. It had a little over 1/4 tank of gas too.

mine with a full tank of gas+ me and and my other friend (200 lbs) ticked in at 3200 even
Why would you weigh it with 2 people in the car? According to my math, your car would weigh, with 1/4 tank of gas, less than 2800. What is the model and mods?

it was at a cat scale at a truck stop that my buddy got his car weighed at.. 98 SVT nothing really removed to make a differance..
and at the time i weighed about 135 lbs..
n211700822_31213377_3515.jpg

Last edited:
Jockey's are "average" at 110-115, fwiw.

Your car is normal, btw, Mluko

Yup. They were "free" options, along with the spoiler. Why someone wouldn't want a sunroof or a spoiler....I don't know.

I agree -- thank you Ford for the no-cost options. CD player was one of these, too, no?

I always figured my car would tip the scales at just about 3,000 even, maybe a little less, so the numbers being posted here look on target. For what it's worth, I have a piece of Ford literature from 1989 in a frame behind me that lists the Taurus SHO at 2900 pounds. I know the first generation was lighter than all others, but can't imagine the difference being that significant -- my Gen II 1994 checked in at about 3400 with a manual transmission.

Yup. They were "free" options, along with the spoiler. Why someone wouldn't want a sunroof or a spoiler....I don't know.
I'm stuck with a sunroof that I don't want. It:

* takes ~2" of headroom away. Until I get aftermarket seats, my head will always be touching the lowered headliner. When I wear a helmet, my seat position is all weird just so I can reach the shifter and pedals while I'm strapped to the seat (can't lean forward).

* adds ~30lbs to the tip top of the car, which causes the car to not handle as well as it could... especially in slaloms. I'm almost done with my plexi-glass panel, which cuts about 15lbs off of that... but still....

Back