• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Any chicagoland hobby shops?

mattsBLK99cSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
It's my day off at work and I would like to atleast pick up the neccessary supplies to tint my taillights so does anyone know of a hobby shop around that would have what I'm looking for?

I've been meaning to check out the Hobby Lobby in Lombard across the street from Dunkin Donuts to see if they have anything of the sorts for the Pontiac...

Plus I thought your car blewed up???

Last edited:
AL's hobby shop in Elmhurst is the place to go. they have everything. i used to get a discount there.:( its one block over from York road.(west) in between north ave and the train tracks. more close to the tracks.

Last edited:
my car is blown up but i figured hey why not do something to make it look better while it rots, im hoping to get it back on the road within a month from now, hopefully all goes well with the parents, i don't believe hobby lobby would have it so i went to this place called hobby town usa they have everything from what i could see, its across the street from charlestown mall, i picked up a can of rc tint for a little over 3 bux and some plastic prep cleaner for 6-8 bux, i think the plastic prep cleaner is just rubbing alcohol, i've done my tail lights so far and they feel a little rough so right now i'm trying to figure out what kind of sanding to do or should i just clearcoat it and hope for the best :shrug:

Last edited:
Waiting..............

We gotta meet up again man, I wanna get some of that stuff and tint the taillights in the GP

Last edited:
finally here are pics as promised they were taken with my friends iphone so pic quality not to great and these pics don't do it justice at all im going to look them over very well today at work (that's where my car sits) and make sure they all match, also there is still a lil bit of masking tape that i need to take off, p.s. excuse dirty car remember my car is blown up....for now
smokedsvttail24.jpg

smokedsvttail12.jpg

smokedsvttail36.jpg

We didnt sand them, but they look good.

I actually used Nightshades...the original. Bought the last can from some place in Addison.

Car Boutique over in Schamburg / Hoffman Estates had about 5 cans left when I stopped in there for fog light bulbs today....

Last edited:
We didnt sand them, but they look good.

I actually used Nightshades...the original. Bought the last can from some place in Addison.

Car Boutique over in Schamburg / Hoffman Estates had about 5 cans left when I stopped in there for fog light bulbs today....
Why the hell did I take pics if you aren't going to post them?:shrug: :laugh:

Back