• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

$800 CSVT , anyone interested?

svtkev

CEG'er
Recently i was offered to buy a 2000 black CSVT with 80,000 miles, has a rod knock, the guy said it was nice except there was a scuff on the rear bumper.
turns out theres more wrong with it than he led on, basically it would be a good parts car, i dont really have the cash for it right now so i thought id pass it on , pm me for details, its in Elkhart , Indiana

drink much? gezzzzzsh!

i am not interested in a parts car. if it is not running and damaged then it is of no use to me.

took all the goodies off of it and are asking more.

The only thing I took off were the front Baers and it was a good thing at that because there was a huge brake leak on the front drivers side.. it looks like that caliper is shot BTW - I'm not sure if I can even swap or sell that kit later now.

I believe you must have forgotten all the money that I put into your car after I bought it. It just got 2 brand new spanking front calipers and rotors this week. I believe the total I threw in your car is slowing approaching 2 grand now.

new rear bumper that had to be color matched to the car - all the dings and dents removed - new belt and tensioner assembly , new fuel pump assembly- more diffusers that you lost, brand new tires and now rotors and calipers..

any way I hash it I'm going to lose money on this car... sigh, bad purchase decision.

seriously you should just buy it back... I just did all the maintenance and repairs on it that you never did. LOL

I still love you Mikey.. hope you dont think I just ***** smacked you but I needed to clear the air on the "your asking more and removed all the good parts" ... to me that sounded like you were calling me out to be some sort of scammer or something which hopefully whats posted above states otherwise.

no no, it is all good. thats why when you and wayne came to look at the car i had that yellow pad of paper telling you the good and the bad of the car. it isnt like you didnt know about the issues. remember?

the break kit was almost a third of the cost of the car.it was the only good thing about the car.

just a couple questions. break leak? if fluid was leaking how did the breaks even function? the caliper is shot? contact baer and tell them about the caliper. find out what their warrenty is.

also, can you get me a price on the 69-8001TWR k&n intake? thanks

Last edited:
We noticed brake fluid puddles in my garage the last time it was in there... we pulled the drivers side wheel off and the whole caliper was just leaking fluid like crazy...

It doesnt look to be the brake line unless its the fitting that was going into the caliper.. Chris and I were amazed that I was able to brake at all when we noticed how badly its been leaking.

I'll call Baer to see if there is any sort of rebuild kit or something they may suggest.. I've dealt with them in the past with replacement parts for the kit that was on my Cougar..

I'll get you a price on that part on Monday... or at least let you know if I can get it.. your positive on the part number?

yeah that is the part number fo sho.

i have never heard of a baer caliper going bad. see what they say.

I will buy your crappy baer kit off you... not kidding either, let me know - JOE

at this point it is , but ive had several pms and i am dealing with them in the order they were recieved , right now theres 3 people in line , if one person doesnt come through in a timely matter ill move on to the next

I have seen the pics and will have to pass - great for parting out, nice headlights too! Good luck with the sale - JOE

yeah that is the part number fo sho.

i have never heard of a baer caliper going bad. see what they say.

K&N 69-8001TWR retails for $350.99

I'll have to get you a price on it but I'm pretty sure you'd be looking at just under $200.00 or just a little above.. I think its the same one Weber bought for his STi

we currently have 2 in stock.... yeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!

Back