• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Question for Military guys (insurance)

aaron

New CEG'er
Are any of you stationed in England? If so, how much are you paying for insurance over there? I know it's mainly based on the number of cylinders, but not sure if the type of car also comes into play. I'm headed out there after my tour at Diego and curious as to what I might be paying (but with two more cylinders)

Also, are you with USAA or some other company?

USAA will cover you there... probly your best bet anyway.

I'm not sure about the insurance itself, but if it's anything like what I have in Germany, it has to match the European Union requirements (like 2 million Euros per person per accident or something), so it's a bit more expensive than in the USA but they still do their calculations for different types of vehicles just like in the USA.

I do know that (unlike Germany) in the UK you will pay host nation registration taxes based on the size of the vehicle and the emissions it produces.

Check out the Overseas SRT Forums since there is a TON of SRT4 owners in Europe: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f66/

Just saw this post. I wouldnt trust anyone other than USAA for anything. I have been using USAA since 1995 and I have EVERYTHING through them, they are the best and cheapest!!!

Back