• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ST24 ST200 Bumpers questions

ctmystique

Hard-core CEG'er
I've been looking at ST bumpers on ebay and then I did some searching and found that they are not direct fit replacements, but I had a question anyways. Could someone please tell me what the round holes in both the front and rear bumpers?

Yep, there are covers for the removeable towing eye. You can buy replica bumpers made from fibreglass where these covers are not removeable but are moulded in. This option might actually be more suitable if Contours do not have the screw in towing eyes like Mondeo's.

It looks like there is only one one the front and one on the back. Is that correct? Are they for towing with a tow truck or for pulling a car out of a ditch or other such bad spot?

that is correct there is only one on the front & back, they are for your basic pull out when stuck or being pulled up on a flat bed, my Volvo uses the same thing.

I suppose they "cost" to much for American Mfg's to put on our cars. Either that or we are such better driver over here that we don't need them lol.

I suppose they "cost" to much for American Mfg's to put on our cars. Either that or we are such better driver over here that we don't need them lol.
Or, perhaps they just prefer to leave American's in ditches? ;)

Seriously, the eyes are intended for emergency use to get a disabled car out of a dangerous position.

Nah, its primarily because cars get pulled out of the ditch by red necks with trucks so our tow hooks are fixed under the car directly to the chassis, this allows for flat tow in many cases as well.

Back