Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDXSVT
    replied
    Checked the replacement rear bumper cover, It needs some cracks fixed, there's one crack on a lower corner and another goes all the way though the horizontal portion under the rear mesh. The replacement came without mesh and the rear bumper now on the car is missing half the original mesh (Thank you, dear.) So I look to acquire a replacement rear mesh, and face some homework on mending up plastic bumper cover cracks.

Hey, the car started today!

And on line research indicates the company that made White Shepherd oil stop leak is the same company which now instead markets Blue Devil oil stop leak.

Leave a comment:

• contour_r_us
    replied
    Agree!!! LOL - but that coat of dust applied to your SVT made her approximate the "Oregon Trail covered wagon"!!

Leave a comment:

• PDXSVT
    replied
    Remember that amphibious car from the 60s? I'm happy she did not do what Shotwell was always talking of, driving it into a river.

Leave a comment:

• contour_r_us
    replied
    Don't think the IAC was ever designed to due off-road duty on our 'Tours.....just saying.

Leave a comment:

• PDXSVT
    replied
    The stock IAC was waaaay caked up dirty. Slapped on a U pulled IAC, cleaned up original one, will know more soon if the IAC related codes are resolved or not.

Leave a comment:

• cclngthr
    replied
    Originally posted by PDXSVT View Post
    AF got a code reading of P1506. I see from searching for "1506" some old threads here mention checking for issues of vaccuum lines, wires shorting, IAC valves being stuck open, etc. But I'm very surprised the car did not flash a handful of other codes above and in addition to that one code.

From the 2009 thread:

"Some of the causes for this code are:
    1) Engine vacuum leak
    2) EVAP system problem
    3) IAC circuit shorted to ground
    4) IAC valve stuck open, or damaged
    5) Throttle body or plate contaminated or very dirty."

These engines carbon up so easy that the first thing I would check is carbon buildup in the IAC and intake.

Leave a comment:

• PDXSVT
    replied
    AF got a code reading of P1506. I see from searching for "1506" some old threads here mention checking for issues of vaccuum lines, wires shorting, IAC valves being stuck open, etc. But I'm very surprised the car did not flash a handful of other codes above and in addition to that one code.

From the 2009 thread:

"Some of the causes for this code are:
    1) Engine vacuum leak
    2) EVAP system problem
    3) IAC circuit shorted to ground
    4) IAC valve stuck open, or damaged
    5) Throttle body or plate contaminated or very dirty."

Leave a comment:

• PDXSVT
    replied
    (Aussie Ford waves on the sideline to contour r us, doing swabbie flagging signals of "don't encourage him, he'll never stop." ) After thinking of villagers with pitchforks and torches at the end of Frankenstein, why does my brain now want to switch to Cagney's "Top of the world, Ma!" at the end of White Heat?

Topic change. Did we blow it? Rainy season is soon to start, AF is doing some refinishing on the outside of his house, should provisional plans be discussed about on upcoming rare dry weekend days we do a work party on his house? If Shortyman is needing a clutch job, that can be done indoors during drizzle if he knows someone with a lift. Outdoor painting in the rain doesn't work so well and AF is rarely more than 2 people at once.

Leave a comment:

• contour_r_us
    replied
    Originally posted by PDXSVT View Post
    Is that the "special" where they come for me with torches and pitchforks?
    Yes, but you survived that ordeal as I recall!!!

Leave a comment:

• PDXSVT
    replied
    Battery charger was hooked up this morning. 4 hours later, showed full charge per charger.

Leave a comment:

• PDXSVT
    replied
    Swapped prior PCM back in, car started and idled. Maybe this means I still have the dyno tune if that pcm still works? Might be a leak or two around some cracking hoses near the iac, not sure if old serpentine is stretched and that's part of issues, but belt is cracking on ribbed side. Hope to soon learn more of what's needed.

Leave a comment:

• PDXSVT
    replied
    Still waiting to hear from Randy for garage/lift access, Aussie Ford could not get a read on car with code reader.

Leave a comment:

• PDXSVT
    replied
    Is that the "special" where they come for me with torches and pitchforks?

Leave a comment:

• contour_r_us
    replied
    Yes, that is my add on CL. I didn't list the rear mnb seat or rear door panels. And your price is the "My Attorney Special" pricing!

Leave a comment:

• PDXSVT
    replied
    So is that your ad on craigslist for those items?

Meanwhile, Randy is ALIVE but I have no idea about garage access.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X