• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carlisle Ford show

RTGT

CEG'er
I'm planning on attending this year, weather permitting, wanting to check one off the bucket list. Planning on coming up on Friday put the car in the show on Sat. I was wondering for the people who have attended, what classes do they have for the contours? Anything special I should know? Thanks

Class 145 is for CSVT's. Wear a good pair of walking shoes if you want to see it all. I always pre-register. Saves time at the gate.

I saw on their website about the pre-register but was undecided because of the chance of wet weather. I would hate to lose out on $55 because it rained. I guess I've got until the first week in May. I have already taken vacation for the show so I really hope it doesn't rain because this is something I've wanted to do for many years.

I haven't been in a few years, but it always seems to down pour on Friday night and possible Sunday. I would just go rain or shine, unless the weekend is a complete wash out. There will be many more expensive cars there that where driven in the rain .... there is a spot provide so that people can wash their car for free on site.

Driving 8 hrs there, and 8 hrs back, then walk around looking at cars in the rain, no thanks. I haven't driven my car in the rain in years and the guy who owned it before me didn't the 6 years he owned it. I know it's just a Contour but I know how long it will take to clean it back up. I'm looking forward to see the event, I just hope the weather cooperates.

Glad to hear you're going for it. I only have a 3 hour drive, but it's still no fun walking in the rain all day. I will be registered in the Saleen class, but I always check out the whole place. See you there.

Five contours this year. I took some pics but haven't posted them yet, hate attempting to post pics here. I was there for only about 7 hrs. at the show, the rest of the time I was on the road.

No Title

Good job guys. It was an excellent show. Let's see some more pics! Sorry I didn't get one early enough to catch RTGT in it...definitely a nice SVT Tour, though.

Attachments

• photo16005.jpg
    photo16005.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Am I just dumb or on the RED tour... in the first pics it looks like it doesn't have a rear window louver...the last pic it CERTAINLY has a louver on the rear window...unless ur camera did some really funny things???

Either way whatever it is that makes it look that way looks AWESOME!!! and I WANT!!

I am BUYING my first SVT on Monday!!!! (OMG im freaking out!!) and I PROMISE to be there next year. :) Im in the lehigh valley

BTW Nice cars gentleman..glad to see you guys represent a TRUE American sports sedan

The first and second pic is my car, the last pic is of Paul's car. Both are T-red. His has a small spoiler on the top of the window, I'm guessing that is what you are talking about. Check the tags out or even the wheels.

O.I.C. Thanks I was freaking out there for a second..!! Lol

But yeah the rear spoiler looks awesome on the T-red :)

Back