• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Minnesota Meet (and whoever else wants to drive to it)

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Figure we could all crash the MN C&C event.

When: Saturday, Sept 7th - 8am to 11am
Where: AutoMotorPlex Minneapolis, 8200 Audubon Rd, Chanhassen, MN 55317
Why: Because it has been too long since we all got together

You have no excuse as this is two weeks away. Plan for it. It's free and coffee and donuts are provided. Here is the LINK for the MN C&C page.

That said we could all probably meet for breakfast before hand as well. Perkins is on the way. Thinking 7am?

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
951 78th St W
Chanhassen, MN 55317

Count me in, maybe not for breakfast but definitely for C&C.

After C&C we're going to check this out: www.madfurther.com Just in case anyone might be interested in a little cruise.

Last edited:
My excuse is I will have gone to and from Rochester on the 4th...and I would have to get up and leave at about 3:30 to be there at 7. :p And I do have paintball that day as well. How about you guys come up here so I can shoot you instead?

Last edited:
If I came up there I would bring my own paintball gear and shoot you before you even had a chance.

That sounds like a challenge! I am a woods ninja! What gear do you have?

It's old setup. I bought it back when I worked for Byerly's in 98. The rest of the stock crew and I would go out on Sat. mornings and play every now and then. I've got a Kingsman Special Edition with a 2-1 Twilight barrel. Also running the 45 grip, a dual trigger, auto hopper, and a remote tank line. I've played at night with a laser scope which is fun, but you have to be quick because as soon as you turn it on your position is compromised. I went and painted my PMI vader mask in green, black, and brown camo too. Looks pretty sweet and works well in the woods.

^ kids and their toys :rolleyes:

Hey, it is an expensive hobby! Sad thing is, a lot of the guns can cost more than a real gun. :p And it is addicting getting different guns.

Autococker Blackmagic
Autococker Trilogy
Automag Classic 69
PMI III
Spyder Shutter
2 Spyder Sonix...one is purple for the wife.
Tippmann 68 Carbine with an expansion chamber

JT Mask
V Force Shield Mask

One of these days, I will get a compressed air tank, but none of my guns require it. My friend has a HPA compressor that he uses for his tanks....loser. And if you want to talk guns....he has enough to start a field. I think we have almost 40 sets of gear we can lend out to people. :p So, if anyone wants to drive up and get shot, be our guest!

Ha we should set up a CEG paintball event. I forgot to mention that mine is a Spyder too, but I'm sure you figured that out. I actually prefer to run on compressed air. More repeatable. Plus all my CO2 tanks are long expired and most fields include an air tank when you play anyway as part of the fee.

Tony what da ya mean your not crazy about C&C? Just a good ole get together to BS about cars, look at cars you'll never be able to afford and catch up with people... what's not to like ;)

I'll probably head out to C&C. I don't have anything this weekend that I have to work on so I'll plan for it. I don't think I'll meet up for food because that would mean I'd have to get up quite a bit earlier and I'll likely bring my daugher/wife with. I think we had to get there around 7-7:30 to get a spot last time. It might be worse now.

Well my brother and I will be down there for sure. I think we are going to meet up at Perkins first though. Not sure if we'll be there right away at 8 because of that, but who knows.

I'll be there with my son and a friend, hopefully between 8 and 9. As of now I think I'll drive the SVT, it's been in the garage for too long.

Keep in mind if you plan on parking inside the complex you pretty much need to be there before 7-7:30. Otherwise, you can park outside and walk in.

Well looks like my brother isn't going to make it as he forgot about a previous engagement. So I'll probably skip Perkins and shoot to be there by 8. I'll be wearing a CEG shirt.

Sorry Mike. I couldn't make it out. How was it?

Some yellow jacket wasps decided to get behind the brick next to my front door. Those things are bastards. I killed all the ones I could with spray and sealed up the holes but the left overs are still behind the brick and a few have gotten into the house (not sure where/how). I called an exterminator and they said to open the entrance back up so they fly in and out again and then they can remove them. I can hear them behind the wall in the garage (so creepy....). Fortunately they aren't too aggressive so we haven't been stung yet. It appears that a lot of people are having bee/wasps problems now because Home Depot and Menards were nearly out of wasp/bee spray in my area. As it turns out normal yard fogger is very good at taking down wasps. Most cans with the jet nozzle suck unless you have line of site to the nest.

Hate those jerks. Get a few with me in the turkey blind in the spring when I'm trying not to move... *SHUDDER* Have been tempted to unload the shotgun on them a few times and buy a new blind :laugh:

Back