• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I need help

zxtuner

CEG'er
I am moving to Wisconsin in the fall and will be commuting to the twin cities for work. I am trying to feel out what it's going to cost to get my big three done (3L portmatched swap, transmission rebuild, and suspension done before we move). I need to make my car a reliable daily driver.

I am looking for someone to help (more) do the port matching and engine swap I can, slide you some money for your help. I don't have the space, a stand, or a cherry picker for either the tranny rebuild or engine swap. Does anyone have any suggestions or is anyone willing to help out. I am on kind of a tight budget with this. I am trying to stay between 3-4K for everything.

Any thing you guys have would be a great help thank you very much.

Well, I don't have a problem coming to help out depending on where you live. I could do the porting for you if you have a good air setup to run my die grinder. Where in WI will you be moving?

I will be moving to Menomonie, WI. I dont have any air, but I could bring that car to you if you'd be ok with that? I am willing to help in anyway I can as well.

I will be moving to Menomonie, WI. I dont have any air, but I could bring that car to you if you'd be ok with that? I am willing to help in anyway I can as well.

I have family in Menomonie - that's about a 3 hour drive from here.

My wife is pretty set on having her garage spot back and doesn't want to give it up for anything :laugh:. I wouldn't be able to have your project here, but depending on where you live I might make a day trip there to help where I can.

Dude you're awesome I will keep you posted. Blackcogg also stepped and said he could help to so but I will let you know what happens.

LOL your reputation preceeds you

Thank you to all that stepped up and offered help. It looks like Blackcogg is doing my portmatch swap this weekend. Again I really appreciate the willingness of you guys to help.

Faith in humanity restored :)

Thank you again this thing is a FREAKING BLAST TO DRIVE! roll on in second it more than fun now. Although I realized my MPGs have suffered since getting this swap LOL.

About the wandering temp issue topped off coolant and all is well. Drove into work this morning at 195* steady. Next up is manifolds and diff. Also the transmission feels new amazing what a fluid swap will do.

I am more than happy with this car thank you for doing this swap.

Excellent! I'll keep watch for you on my drive to work, I also drive to the Twin Cities from WI. I'm guessing you'll be on 94 just like me.

Keep an eye for an E1 with gold Ford racing rally rims, and yes sadly I will be on 94. Although it doesn't seem that bad but I am not doing every day so I can't say.

BTW your PM inbox is full or I would have replied to your last PM you sent me.

I was going to say your car is probably going to smoke for a while due to all the WD40 I sprayed all over it to break all the bolts loose. I coated the manifold studs pretty well so they would be much easier to remove when you swap those other ones on.

Temps can get up to 218F before the high speed fans will kick on. I wouldn't worry about temps unless you started going much past 220F.

Keep an eye for an E1 with gold Ford racing rally rims, and yes sadly I will be on 94. Although it doesn't seem that bad but I am not doing every day so I can't say.

How bad it is all depends on what time you are hitting the metro area, I'm on the road pretty early and lately traffic has been excellent. I'm hoping to have the Contour out in the next couple of weeks, but until then if you see someone in a black B6 Passat checking out your car it's probably me.

BTW your PM inbox is full or I would have replied to your last PM you sent me.

I was going to say your car is probably going to smoke for a while due to all the WD40 I sprayed all over it to break all the bolts loose. I coated the manifold studs pretty well so they would be much easier to remove when you swap those other ones on.

Temps can get up to 218F before the high speed fans will kick on. I wouldn't worry about temps unless you started going much past 220F.

Good to know.

I figured it'd smell/smoke for a bit no biggie I'm used to it from when I used to do all of my own work.

Back