• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I have a '13 Focus ST on the way!

2000myst

Veteran CEG'er
NE-CEG,

I've enjoyed our time together. Some of the people I have met through this forum are truly amazing people. As soon as I joined I felt welcomed and part of the group. It really has been a pleasure being a part of this community. With that being said, I will be officially leaving the Contour/Mystique community and moving on to another amazing Ford product, the 2013 Ford Focus ST. Now, I am not leaving CEG, as I still frequent these forums, but I am going to be selling my current Mystique. My hope is that I can bring my new ST to a meet and introduce you to my new future.:cool:

I've actually been fairly active during my pursuit of the ST. I've wanted this car since I saw the debut from the Paris Motor Show in Sept. 2010. I joined a new forum, FordSTNation.com, and have since become an administrator of that forum. I am very active and I even got to go to the New York International Auto Show this past April as a member of the press! I was able to interview both the Focus Electric brand manager and Focus ST brand manager.

As you can probably tell, I am super excited for this car. I've waited so long and been so patient. The car should be delivered sometime in late August/Early September. Before I do take delivery of the car, I will be participating in the Focus ST Performance Academy at Gillette Stadium on July 21st where I will get to Auto-X a new ST. :shocked:

When I do indeed get the car, I'll make sure to fill everyone in. Although I am leaving the Mystique/Contour community, it won't be forgotten, as I have had an awesome time and I've learned a ton along the way. It's been 7 good years and I'll get to continue my enthusiasm with another Ford product!

Dan

Nice! What color did you end up getting? Ford has a winner with the new Focus, I see them often on the roads.

Cant wait to start seeing these things on the road. Makes me want to trade mine in for an ST lol

Its almost something to think about. The base ST was only a few thousand more then my SE Sport. Infact the interior is the same minus the exta gauges on the dash. However I would want it fully loaded and at near 30k thats a big number. And the fact still remains I don't need to cars with turbos.

On a side note we almost ended up with another Focus, but on Monday we are picking up a new Impreza for Angela.

No concrete delivery date yet. They are building non-customer ST's now and according to a line worker at the MAP(Wayne, MI) they don't start build on order's until August 6th. It could be anytime after that.

I ordered a Performance Blue ST2. It has Performance Blue two-tone Recaro seats front and rear, MFT, Dual-zone auto climate control, Sony 10 Speaker system, and a few other things.

Congrats! Can't wait to see some pictures later this year. :drool:

I've been eyeing the ST for a while now, although I was hoping for the previous gen like they were promising. I'm waiting to hear about a new position at work that I applied for and then I'll be deciding on a replacement for the Bimmer. I'm either going cheap to save some money or upgrading a little bit. The only new cars I'm really considering right now are the ST, BRZ/FR-S, and a Kia Optima SX.

Although I think if I pick up a brand new car, it may be time for me to call it quits with the SVT and just keep the stock one around. :ponder:

I absolutely love the new Focus. I'd have invested in one myself if I weren't budgeting myself a bit for my new vehicle purchase. Congrats!

Congrats on the ST!! Such a great choice. I've found myself bored at work and ended up building quite a few in the "build & price" section on Ford's website. The Recaro's are baller. Do they come with heated seats?

Although I think if I pick up a brand new car, it may be time for me to call it quits with the SVT and just keep the stock one around. :ponder:

Dibs! LOL Seriously though I can't imagine you getting rid of your SVT.

Back