• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

104.1 back to rock music??

hotdimmes

Hard-core CEG'er
Anyone notice that this happened yesterday I think? Looks like Power One Oh Four...ONE! It seems to now be a mix of decent old/somewhat new rock with some crappy new wave mixed in every once in a while. No DJ's either...just a recording identifying the station as "FM 104.1"

Thank god. If I wanted to listen to the same 8-12 hip hop songs over and over again throughout the day, I'll listen to Hot 93 sayo. I don't need the same thing twice.

Man I wish we got Hot 97 from NY in central CT. It's so much better than anything CT offers.

Yeah, I heard about it yesterday while I was getting a hair cut. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet though.

So do you guys think I should go back and get the rest of my hair cut? One hair didn't really seem noticeable. :shrug:

steal your brother's Sirius instead. :)

yeah I'll steal the rest of his stereo system too. Oh wait, it's still not installed.

I really do need to bite the bullet and do a year subscription of sirius. It's not thaaat much and it's so much better than standard radio!

Yeah, I heard about it yesterday while I was getting a hair cut. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet though.

So do you guys think I should go back and get the rest of my hair cut? One hair didn't really seem noticeable. :shrug:

Is a side effect of MRSA uncontrollable bad joke outbreaks?

yeah I'll steal the rest of his stereo system too. Oh wait, it's still not installed.

I really do need to bite the bullet and do a year subscription of sirius. It's not thaaat much and it's so much better than standard radio!

Don't you get a discount if someone else in your household already has a subscription?

Anyone notice that this happened yesterday I think? Looks like Power One Oh Four...ONE! It seems to now be a mix of decent old/somewhat new rock with some crappy new wave mixed in every once in a while. No DJ's either...just a recording identifying the station as "FM 104.1"

Thank god. If I wanted to listen to the same 8-12 hip hop songs over and over again throughout the day, I'll listen to Hot 93 sayo. I don't need the same thing twice.

Man I wish we got Hot 97 from NY in central CT. It's so much better than anything CT offers.

When I lived in Miami, we had 97.3 "The Coast." On weekends, they'd have Gnarly Charlie, the DJ that would play all 80s, all the time, for 48 straight hours. It was my number one preset. :cool:

When I lived in Miami, we had 97.3 "The Coast." On weekends, they'd have Gnarly Charlie, the DJ that would play all 80s, all the time, for 48 straight hours. It was my number one preset. :cool:

If I lived in miami I would just listen to Will Smith all the time.

Recently, a friend who's getting married came to me and asked for a list of 80s tunes that she might play at her wedding. I threw together the following list from memory -- another friend helped with a few of them:

Take Me Home Tonight -- Eddie Money, 1986
(I Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight -- Cutting Crew, 1987
Is This Love -- Whitesnake, 1987
Girl U Want -- Devo, 1982
Walking in LA -- Missing Persons, 1982
Uniform of Youth -- Mi. Mister, 1985
Mammagamma -- The Alan Parsons Project, 1983
Maneater -- Hall and Oates, 1982
Send Her My Love -- Journey, 1983
Don't Stop Believin' -- Journey, 1981
She's Dangerous -- Kenny Loggins, 1988
Shakedown -- Bob Seger, 1987
Sharp Dressed Man -- ZZ Top, 1984
To Live and Die in LA -- Wang Chung, 1985
Everybody Have Fun Tonight -- Wang Chung, 1986
Eyes of the Girl -- Wang Chung, 1986
Addicted to Love -- Robert Palmer, 1985
Self Control -- Laura Branigan, 1984
Chain Lightnin' -- .38 Special, 1982
Stone Cold -- Rainbow, 1982
Ambush -- Heart, 1983
Never -- Heart, 1985
Captured by the Moment - Steve Perry, 1984
Tunnel of Love -- Bruce Springsteen, 1987
Sailing -- Christopher Cross, 1979
Mandolin Rain -- Bruce Hornsby and the Range, 1986
Dirty Laundry -- Don Henley, 1982
The Boys of Summer -- Don Henley, 1984
Pop Muzik -- M, 1979
Hot Love -- Aldo Nova, 1982
Invincible -- Pat Benatar, 1985
Your Love -- The Outfield, 1985
Every Little Thing She Does is Magic -- The Police, 1981
Caribbean Queen -- Billy Ocean, 1984
All Night Long -- Lionel Richie, 1983
Ain't Nobody -- Chaka Khan, 1983
The Politics of Dancing -- Reflex, 1983
Hold Me -- Fleetwood Mac, 1982
Pour Some Sugar on Me -- Def Leppard, 1987
Seventeen -- Winger, 1988
Dancing on the Ceiling -- Lionel Richie, 1988
Teacher, Teacher -- .38 Special, 1987
Never Give an Inch -- .38 Special, 1986
Love is a Battlefield -- Pat Benatar, 1983

:cool:

If you show up at a meet driving one of these, I wouldn't be suprised. It would explain a lot. :laugh:

delorean.jpg

Recently, a friend who's getting married came to me and asked for a list of 80s tunes that she might play at her wedding. I threw together the following list from memory -- another friend helped with a few of them:

Come on, where is the Billy Idol?
Why you hatin?:laugh:

:cool:

Being able to recall 'hits' from a time period that shares the title of 'worst music ever' with disco is not something to be proud of.

Back