• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Road Trip!

rouar

fixer
Admin
Wednesday: San Jose, CA -> Lovelock, NV
Thursday: Lovelock, NV -> Laramie, WY
Friday: Laramie, WY -> Des Moines, IA
Saturday: Des Moines, IA -> Newton Falls, OH
Sunday: Newton Falls, OH -> Millbury, MA

Lots of stories, tons of pics. Favorite diversions include seeing Millbury Ohio (the only other in the US) and the original Donner Pass road by Truckee, CA.

I'll edit the pics with captions later this week and delete the unfocused ones.

see all pics here

Favorites - click on pic to see large version (I have 7Mp high res if anyone is interested)

California

Nevada

Utah - Salt Flats (my favorite photos)

Okalala, NE

Brooklyn, IA -- Community Of Flags

Millbury, OH :)

Watsonville, PA

Last edited:
am i outta the loop or did you get an SVT!? lookin good either way.

is that a garmin c330? i got one the week before i went to cali and i woulda been lost without it. Best $225 ive spent in a while!

lol you've been dropping hints like a mad man lately. I never put 2+2 together when you were flying out to cali though.

Congrats Mattchew! It's about friggin time!!!

yeah Matt, good to hear that you made it home after the trip.

Kim your right, Matt did drop alot of hints the last few weeks. I put all of them together after he told me about this trip when he spotted the #2137 I had ghosted into my signature last week

is that a garmin c330? i got one the week before i went to cali and i woulda been lost without it. Best $225 ive spent in a while!
It's my mom's. I have the C320, which I bought in May 07 after using my friend's C330, but mine only has New England loaded on it. You're right though, the GPS got me to job interviews and everything in between, it is one of the best investments I've made.

I bought FMR12B's SVT (from the classifieds). One-owner, all documentation!, rustfree car, low mileage, good condition. Even with travel expenses, it was still cheaper than similar-condition-mileage SVTs in the Northeast. I've been working the details with Chris for over a month, he was very thorough, answered my millions of questions and even made repairs so it would handle the trip. Overall I'm extremely satisfied with the car and the purchase, and was very thankful Chris was willing to wait while I worked out travel and time off work. I had been trying so hard not to let out the secret in the past month, but I'm horrible with secrets so it went into my posts more often than I wanted, haha.

The SVT did phenominally over the trip. The seats are so comfortable too! We were totally expecting some random issue -- or a Blues Brothers style blowup as we pulled in the driveway -- but no problems at all.

It was a little ironic bringing it to the salt flats, since I went to California specifically to get a rustfree car!

It was a little ironic bringing it to the salt flats, since I went to California specifically to get a rustfree car!

Luckily that dry salt isn't very harmful to your car. It's the wet, salty, slushy, icky, nasty, snowy stuff around here that really eats away at the cars.

Did I mention that I don't like winter?:laugh:

Y'all in NECEG have just been goin' nuts lately, huh? :) Elky and Brapple pick up another SVT each, Rouar's patience pays off, and Elky uses a bit of lead to make swiss cheese out of his truck.

That's a pretty productive summer in my book. Congrats to all, and enjoy!

so did you stop to change the oil or did you drive the whole way?? always curious about the 3000 mile limit on extended road trips.

Congratulations Matthew!

Pretty t-red. Long drive but it seems to have all been worth it. You got a great looking SVT and got to see the sights along the way. Very :cool:!

aww man you came all the way out and we didnt have a small meet? you could have come over since i live well across the street from him,next to the stop sign. theres around 6-7 svts in a small 5 mile raidus. glad you made it home safely. how long were you here? did you enjoy cali ? been hot the last few weeks 90-95' deg.
hope you enjoy the car.

Nice Matty! I have to admit I didn't put 2 and 2 together, so you surprised me. I assume your keeping the Maxima for the beater? Now you can say you have a beater!! Will you be keeping the SVT in Manch?

Back