• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CEG GTA Summer Meet Thread

CKtour98

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok guys...summer is just around the corner, and people are starting now to bring their cars out, install new mods, etc. With that being said, just guaging some interest in a GTA (Greater Toronto Area) CEG meet? Me and Alex (CRG Racer) have been talking about it lately and want to try and set something up ...history has shown that there's been little to no interest in a meet in our area, so we have decided to also extend this possible date to any/all NECO members, Focus owners, and possibly any Mustang/Ford/SVT owners whom may be interested.

Once we figure out if there's enough interest, we can start deciding on a day and time. Then we can pass that info along to NECO forum members for those with Cougars, and also SVTPerformance, GTAMC for the local Mustang guys, and Focus Canada for the local Focus guys. Let's try to keep this a Ford/SVT themed meet, and let's try to get the most CSVT's out of the cars! So let's get a list going and see our potential interested members :). If I were to guess now, I'd say the meet won't be until June or July, so that gives everyone enough time to plan ahead and to commit to attending.

To make it easier as the thread gets more posts, please check back on this 1st post for updated members list.

Interested Parties - Name/Forum Name/Ride

1. Sean (CKtour98, 98 CSVT) *Pending Completion of Car*

Well like Sean already said, me and him and trying to get this figured out so I am in. Let's get some interest going guys!!

1. Sean (CKtour98, 98 CSVT)
2. Alex (CRG Racer24, 99 SVTC)

beging of may works for me car almost ready two to three weeks at most:):drool:

3.Anthony (cougarboy91 99 cougar roush clone svt swap)

May is too early still. June/july gives everyone enough time to prepare for it, and allows us to get as many people out as possible.

im in :)

4.Justin (butcher, 00 cougar)

The CANAM date would be cool, but I doubt my SVT will be done for early June. Also, no passport so no border crossing...I saw someone say NY? Oh well....maybe next year for me lol. I'd love to make it out to a Cougar/Contour meet which is why we are seeing if anyone is interested in the GTA :)

Once we decide if there's enough of us to set a date, we will also take a vote on possible locations. The centerpoint of us all for the majority will likely be chosen so no one really has to drive too far. Obviously someone may have to go farther than others but these things don't happen often (when else can you have a CEG meet?)

No NY, its a cruise from Fort Erie to Queenston all the way down the parkway.

5. Mich (michcougar, 99 Cougar)

Taking mine out mid may...just need some notice and i'm good to go!

5. Mich (michcougar, 99 Cougar)[/QUOTE]
6. Adam (Knighter, 98 SVTC)

Starting to shape up! :)

We realized that many people are bringing their cars out, finishing them, etc so thats why we looked past May for the date. June or July seemed more appropriate to allow time for cars to be out and done/ready, and plenty of notice to commit to showing as thats been the big problem in past years....lots of people said yeah im coming and then the meet ends up being only 3 cars.

Hopefully we can get a big bunch out, would make for a great photoshoot too...not to mention the cruise, and getting to know fellow local CEG'rs and NECO members since we are all in the same boat

I might be down for this pending the date. I have two project cars on the go right now so you never know which one I'll bring. Heck if the Cougars aren't ready I might bring the Mustang!

Sounds good mav! I plan on posting info on GTAMC too and see if anyone wants to come out.

My situation took a few steps backwards yesterday after learning I need a new clutch and flywheel. With less than 10k on the Clutchnet stg3 and spec flywheel, both are toasted- no track abuse either...just daily driven to work and home. Seems to be the same problem with the one posted back a few months ago for premature failure via bad install. Safe to say ill be doing it myself this time around...now gotta find a clutch soon and hopefully I can buy the flywheel insert pieces rather than an entire new flywheel.

So chances of my SVT being there are getting slim..

3. Anthony (cougarboy91 99 cougar roush clone svt swap)
4. Justin (butcher, 00 cougar)
7. Jon (Jo4nny, 98.5 SVTC)

I'm interested as long as it's not on one of my race weekends.

8. Jason (RacerJason, 99 SVTC)

So I think its almost time to start picking the date for this, I'm thinking in late June or into July. Later on we will have a poll with a few dates that people can vote for and obviously the best one will win and we can plan around that day what we will do, where, etc...

I'm interested. Hopefully the 3L Cougar will be fully road worthy by which ever date is picked.

8. Jason (RacerJason, 99 SVTC)
9. Tim (Teebs, 2000 Cougar)

Back