• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone in columbus area free tomorrow?

FokusDave

CEG'er
Wanting to do some diag on the svt since after work have the whole shop to myself. Want to try and diag the oil leak, a/c leak, and tear into the ebrake mechanism to figure out why she isn't staying engaged. Also try to figure out this strange hum/whistle noise that comes and goes when driving. Just want another set of eyes on the car with someone else that is expirenced with these vehicles. Will pay gas and time or course. Thinking around 2 pm. I know it's short notice.

any luck with your AC? This was my problem...
2821a4d4.jpg

E-Brake cables are a common replacement around here as well, typically the cables that T off the e-brake handle and go to the calipers go bad.

is your hum/whistle the 'moosing' sound?

Haha no didn't get to much diaging done. Did flush the power steering, brake fluid and coolant. Previous owner supplied the seals required to fix the a/c leak guess it's in the lines. As for the ebrake I have a fellow member sending me everything but the calipers. Think my main shop tech is going to help me with that one of these Saturdays . That's my main concern that and the oil leak. Ahh yes the hum. It sounds like something that goes with the engine but goes away some times mainly when it's cold. Saturday when it was warm didn't even hear it . Further diag needed for sure on that one.

Back