• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The OHIO fall CEG meet August 17th

79mustang351w

Hard-core CEG'er
The Ohio Summer CEG Meet is August 17th. Meeting at Summit Racing Equipment in Akron at 2pm. We will meet and greet, buy some things from Summit Racing and support them and thank them for letting us have it there, cruise about 45 mins on some twisty curvy roads, and then dinner and drinks at Winking Lizard.

Just something cool to do while it is still nice. PM me for more details, or call or text (419)564-8404 my name is Brent.

Sounds like alot of nice cars are planning on showing up, and members from all the surrounding states...so don't miss out!!!

Summit Racing Equipment
1200 Southeast Ave.
Tallmadge, Ohio 44278

Winking Lizard
3634 Center Rd,
Brunswick, OH 44212-4446

Last edited:
Mods can you fix the postings name?? I screwed that one up...dont know how to delete this thread to start over either??

I will probably have to drive the Mustang or the Focus instead of the Roush, but I can probably be there. I have the Cougar in storage 90 miles away over the summer; I only bring it out on Autocross and CougarFest weekends.

If you want to reschedule for Malcolm, I'm free pretty much every Saturday after that in August. I'll have the Roush in town on the weekend of the 31st for autocross on 9/1.

I will probably have to drive the Mustang or the Focus instead of the Roush, but I can probably be there. I have the Cougar in storage 90 miles away over the summer; I only bring it out on Autocross and CougarFest weekends.

If you want to reschedule for Malcolm, I'm free pretty much every Saturday after that in August. I'll have the Roush in town on the weekend of the 31st for autocross on 9/1.

Im also out the 30th :laugh: Heading to Chicago for a wedding

Cool. I posted a bunch of info on facebook since nobody gets on here anymore it seems like. I will update this thread with some info tomorrow. I gotta get some sleep.

So far...looking like a BUNCH of people are planning to make the haul. Should be a great turnout...dont miss out fellas!

So, this is on for the 17th for sure?

It's the only weekend this month we are available & I need to hit Summit anyway. Let's do plz.

I updated the event info. Check the first post for more details. Hope to see as many of you CEG'ers as possible. We have PLENTY of parking!! So make a day of it, and come join us. Going to be a great time. Alot of people are planning to make the haul from the surrounding states, as well as most of us Ohio boys. Doesnt matter what you drive, just be there...and don't miss out!!

Sorry it took me so long to update this. My internet (AT&T has been messed up lately). So I am updating from my dads.

Anyhow, hope to see you there. Looking forward to meeting some new people.

I gave Brent the cruise route last night. The end of the cruise is at a local cruise in, about a 5 minute drive to the Lizard from there.

If you took the cruise during SZ11 this route should be pretty familiar to you :)

it wasn't mentioned in the update, but I do plan on hanging at the cruise-in & looking around a bit for a but before we take off to the Lizard for noms & beers

oh you mean this one?
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=13007&d=1335185326
(except Spaghetti Warehouse will not be the starting point)

;)

that's the one! Maybe bring a few copies with you? The map I gave Brent isn't as detailed as that one....

it wasn't mentioned in the update, but I do plan on hanging at the cruise-in & looking around a bit for a but before we take off to the Lizard for noms & beers

If you have never been to this cruise in, its worth hanging out and walking around. They typically fill the whole plaza with cars.

Once the birthday party winds down I will text someone in the group and walk over to the lizard. We should be able to do an after party at my place. :cool:

Back