• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anybody need any autobody work done in the EGL??

79mustang351w

Hard-core CEG'er
I am a professional autobody technician and painter and graduate of Wyotech. Been in the business 10 years now. Looking for some side work. If you have rusty rockers (I know many of you Northern folks do), or any other dings, dents, damage, etc. that you would like fixed...PM me. I will give you an estimate (note the word "estimate"...I cannot see hidden rust and so on until the repairs are started), so it may cost more than estimated, that is just the nature of bodywork. But rest assured...I will not price gouge anyone...and I stand behind my work 100%, and I use PPG paints which are guaranteed! I will not do anything to your car, that I would not do to my own. Thanks for you interest, hopefully I can help some of you out in the future.

Shop is located in Crestline, Ohio.

Soon as I sell my beater Saturn I'm going to need some work done on my Roush. I have a rust bubble starting up on the rear quarter panel that needs attention, and I already patched some rust on the roof that needs paint. So stay tuned for that one...

OH, also - this seems annoyingly small, but I have a damaged side skirt on my Focus. I bought another one, but it needs painted to match the car - code TS, CD Silver. Can you send me an estimate for just that one side skirt?

XR4Tim...I am very good at polyurethane and plastic repair. I have some cool pics I can show you if you wanna PM your cell number.

B3NN3TT...I sent you a PM.

SVTbuckeye11...you have a PM also.

Thanks for the interest guys. I look forward to helping you guys, hopefully we can agree on a price and get these things looking right for you guys!!

I need my 84 Trans Am painted and some small holes filled where I pulled of the mouldings. Light rust is starting under the fenders...would certainly bring it there if we could get a CEG price.
Thanks,
CJ

CJ...not really looking to do any full paint jobs right now...just need some smaller side jobs to make ends meet. I dont have enough room for any more resto builds or bigger builds.

Hey Brent I have rusted rockers on both sides. One side crawls up into the back door sill. A decent size chunk is missing at the rear and I can barely use the emergency jack.

I got a local estimate and decided to just let it go, but I'd be interested in what you want to offer :)

I would say $1000+ parts. The BEST route to go on these rockers...is to find a REALLY solid and clean Contour in the yard (model doesnt matter...I can make the side skirt holes for all the brackets) and cut them out. That way I have all the inner and outer rocker panel structures (and its factory metal, so you know it fits)...in case I get into more rust. Thats a starting price...I won't know the extent of the rust till I get into it and cut the outer skins off, but I wouldn't charge anybody more than $1500 to do BOTH sides...even if I had to replace some inner rockers too.

Its just VERY labor intensive. All the doors have to come off, both sideskirts, both fenders, and the rear tires. So half the car is taken apart...and the car needs an interior clean and outside washed before I deliver the car back to you. So thats why the price is what it is. But the car will be fixed and fixed right for you the first time...and the color WILL match! All PPG paints.

They quoted my dad $2200 for cab corners and rockers on his 00' Chevy Silverdado at the dealership I used to work at. And that truck was a three door...a lot less involved than a SVT Contour rocker.

Hope that helps you guys...thats the best price I can give you guys to save the cars you have now. Otherwise its time to start hunting a more solid SVT...and you guys know that is getting harder and harder all the time! So hopefully I can help some of you guys just fix the cars you have. There are quite a few solid Contours in the yards near me...so I could help source parts and rockers for you guys too.

Anybody else in need of some touch ups, painting, body work, rust repair, fiberglass work (custom and repair), 3L swap, suspension upgrades, big brake upgrade, welding and/or fabrication? And it doesn't have to be a CSVT people. lol. I will fix your Caravan if its in need. lol. Just let me know what you need fixed, and I will give you a fair and honest quote.

Bodywork and mechanical. I do both...I am an I-CAR certified autobody tech and my dad is an ASE mechanic who taught me everything I know.

Anyone....anyone....Bueller....Bueller??

I appreciate the quote man! Just too much work/money spent on a car that I'm losing interest in.

I hear you so LOUD and clear man! lol.

Maybe we should have that EGL meet we tried to plan before last winter...maybe that will give us some new motivation. I could help you 3L swap yours...that will give you a new love for it!

boumacj...I am interested in that bud, what do you have in mind (please say Hemi....please say Hemi)? lol. Whats wrong with them?

I hear you so LOUD and clear man! lol.

Maybe we should have that EGL meet we tried to plan before last winter...maybe that will give us some new motivation. I could help you 3L swap yours...that will give you a new love for it!
Man that does sound good :D

I'm scared for my 2.5. Oil has been low enough on multiple occasions for the oil light to come on during right hand turns. It loses about 2-3 quarts every 4-5k miles. It's still trucking but you never know! I think I'll have a month vacation in January, so possibly:)

I'm down for an EGL meet this summer for sure. Im in CBus till August 12th, then Toledo for a week, then Cincinnati

BTW have you seen these rockers at all? http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-CONTOU...ord|Model:Contour&hash=item3a8228c3af&vxp=mtr

Wondered if there would still be lots of custom pieces involved to get it to fit.

What I dont like about those is the fact that they are missing the most important part; the part the rolls around with the lip or the rear wheel well (the part the sideskirts attach to). And that seems to be a really problematic area along with the rest of the rockers and doglegs. I could make the end cap pieces...but then you have another weld seam to catch rust down the road (not my idea of the greatest repair process on these rockers).

IMO...and others can chime in, but I think the best way would be to find another solid car and use the rockers off of it. Because when I skin the outer rocker off...I sandblast the insides in the blast cabinet..and epoxy primer the inside metal (better than the factory E-coat ever was). Granted...you will always have plug welds or spot welds to catch rust down the road (depending on the process you use to reinstall the rockers , and how you cut them apart). But with proper zinc coating and epoxy priming...I can make things last just as long as they did the first time from the factory...if not longer. I have trucks with cab corners and rockers I replaced still looking mint...and I did some of them 10 years ago.

What weekend you available for a meet? And let me know when your ready for that 3L...I am down to help you bud.

What I dont like about those is the fact that they are missing the most important part; the part the rolls around with the lip or the rear wheel well (the part the sideskirts attach to). And that seems to be a really problematic area along with the rest of the rockers and doglegs. I could make the end cap pieces...but then you have another weld seam to catch rust down the road (not my idea of the greatest repair process on these rockers).

IMO...and others can chime in, but I think the best way would be to find another solid car and use the rockers off of it. Because when I skin the outer rocker off...I sandblast the insides in the blast cabinet..and epoxy primer the inside metal (better than the factory E-coat ever was). Granted...you will always have plug welds or spot welds to catch rust down the road (depending on the process you use to reinstall the rockers , and how you cut them apart). But with proper zinc coating and epoxy priming...I can make things last just as long as they did the first time from the factory...if not longer. I have trucks with cab corners and rockers I replaced still looking mint...and I did some of them 10 years ago.

What weekend you available for a meet? And let me know when your ready for that 3L...I am down to help you bud.
I'm busy the 20-21st.. but virtually any other weekend would be cool.

I was planning to take my car to the shop on Friday to fix my brake and/or suspension problem.. and what do you know, I just got a flat tire an hour ago. Wore through the belts on the tire 2 days early :p

If I do end up holding onto the car, I just might do the rockers eventually. I'll let ya know ;)

Oh, I forgot to follow up - I picked up the fresh side skirt for my Focus last weekend, and it looks awesome. As soon as I sell my beater, Brent's getting my Roush for a while to get rid of some Ohio winter issues.

Back