• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

DanG still around?

ssolomo

CEG'er
Does anyone know if DanG is still around and doing 3L upgrades? I sent him a PM last weekend - no word - saw on his NECO profile he hasn't been active over there for a year.

Blew the engine in my '98.5 last week at Summit Point (group 2 FATT). Not sure what I'm going to do - sell it for someone to do a project car (in great shape otherwise) or find someone to do a 3L install. I don't have the time, expertise, knowledge, or location to be able to take on such a project.

Or, does anyone have any suggestions of mechanics who would be interested in this kind of project?

Thanks,

Steven

I haven't heard from him either. I have his number so I'll have to give him a call to see how he's doing.

Mechanics who do 3L swap??

Mechanics who do 3L swap??

In light of no word from DanG, does anyone have a shop they recommend in the DC-metro area that has done a 3L swap and they trust? This isn't a project that I would consider to take on myself - and shipping it to Minnesota to have 3LDuretec.com do it (BlackCoog on the forums) is probably cost prohibitive. My normal mechanic at Gaithersburg Mazda (my father-in-law was a service adviser there until March, when he suddenly passed away) said he doesn't want to take it on as he isn't familiar enough with the car - and it would be too expensive for me anyways. I'm also considering listing in the classifieds - I just hate to do it as then I'd have to find something else to buy, and the rest of the car is in great running order.

Check out the North East forums. There are a couple people over there that have done 3L swaps and its closer than MN. PM "aircougar". He's in MA.

wow dan hasnt logged into neco in a year?? I had no idea he wasn't still lurking around. ya aircougar is in your neck of the woods and does pretty darn good work.

Too late - I'm shipping it to Dan (Blackcoog / www.3Lduratec.com) in Minneapolis to put in the 3L. I called 5 shops that came recommended or were rated high on Angie's List - even with shipping the car, it isn't going to be that much more to have Dan do it over the estimates I got, none of whom would commit to a price b/c they weren't familiar with the engine. Dan offers a fixed price b/c he has done it so much and knows the drill better than just about anyone out there. Contracted with a broker tonight; hopefully the car will get picked up early next week and I'll have it back early October.

Yeah, Chris and Dan are partners - Dan is the one I've been communicating with so I just assumed it was him. I never asked. :-\

Back