• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Capitol CEG Services

GTO Pete

CEG'er
I thought it would be a good idea to start a sticky with services local CEGers can offer. Whether it be mechanical work, real estate, lawn service, construction/remodeling, auto work, financial services, etc.

- Post what services you can offer other CEGers with as much detail as possible.
- Keep prices out of your post.
- Inquiries are to be made via PMs/emails
- Unrelated posts will be deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Service offered: Automotive detailing

Some of my work in an album.

Thread with a sample of my work.

CEGer discount: CEGers receive a 15% discount on any service.

Time: Unlike some detailers, I take my time and do a thorough job. A full interior and exterior job takes 3-5 hours, sometimes longer.

Products used: 99% of my customers only know the typical over the counter junk. I use high end, quality products. But I wont use them simply to impress you with fancy names. My results speak for themselves.

Price "quote": Is only an estimate. Once I see the car, there may be things that you did not mention and I may have to add a slight charge. (Ex: tar, tree sap, paint transfer, staining on upholstery, etc.)

I offer a full "a la carte" of services. You tell me what you want and I'll do it. I can come to your home or you can drop it off at mine.

Services offered:
- Interior -
vacuum
spot clean carpet/upholstery w/ stain extractor
clean glass
treat vinyl
clean & condition leather

- Exterior -
hand wash w/ ph balanced car shampoo
clay bar
polish (1 pass with PC. Heavy swirl/oxidation removal additional. Tar, paint transfer removal, etc. additional charge)
synthetic sealant (I do not use carnauba - a sealant must cure and carnauba has poor durability. Carnauba can be applied for additional charge.)
wash wheels
tire gel

About me:
I have teaching myself detailing over the past 15 years, and used to manage a detailing shop. I have detailed numerous CEGers' and non-CEGers' cars over the years.

Service offered: Automotive detailing class

A free "course" that I offer as part of your detail above. All you have to do is be present while I detail your car. I will explain what I am doing, provide tips/tricks, answer questions, etc. You are more than welcome to help.

Service offered: Automotive work

Nothing intensive, just basic bolt-on installation and maintenance such as exhaust installation, UIM, LIM, TB cleaning, tire rotation, taillight tinting, caliper/rotor painting, etc.

PM to discuss and for pricing.

Last edited:
Services Offered:

Minor to major Automotive work, all types of vehicles (but especially Contiques and Cougars). I have my own detached garage, air tools, welder, etc., for all kinds of work, save machining. I have built and installed no less than 10 Duratecs of various descriptions over the past 7 years, anywhere from bolt-on 2.5Ls to my 3.0L Turbo and everything in between.

Tune-ups, clutches, to transaxle replacement (but I cannot crack a transaxle case- That work is farmed out to a NEW shop that actually completes work on-time and on-budget), 3L conversions, etc available. I do NOT do ATX-to-MTX conversions.

My rates for CEG and NECO members are BELOW what I charge for others. PM for rates and quotes based on the work needed.

Work is charged by the hour, but cannot exceed the quote given via PM (i.e. if it takes me longer to finish than I quoted you, the max you'll be charged is the quoted amount).

CEG Junkyard.

Have something you need replaced on your Contour or Mystique and don't want to find it yourself? Maybe Ford doesn't make it anymore, it can't be ordered or it's really expensive.

Help is now here with the CEG Junkyard and the Junkyard Crawler. Need the thingy-do that holds on the whatz-it? Let me know and I will go out and find it for you.

Follow the link for a list of on-hand items. PM or e-mail me for anything else.

CEG Junkyard

Pricing is based on junkyard cost, shipping and a very small fee for time and labor.

Thanks,
Mike

Back