• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I'm back!

ValCor

CEG'er
Well, after my engine exploded in August '09, my 1998.5 Contour SVT is back on the road again! I'm just waiting for the California DMV to send me the registration information so I can get my tags. After replacing the engine and clutch in September '09, I had charging issues and she sat for three years. I was unemployed and could not afford to repair her. Turns out the alternator went south. I recently replaced it along with the fuel pump, filter, relay, and strainer bag. Now she is running like new and ready for the road. I've been driving the wife's Honda CRV in the meantime. Now my left foot won't feel so ignored anymore! Woo hoo!

Well, it is official! I got my tags yesterday! I'm back on the road again and yes, it is thrilling to drive her again. My left foot is in sheer bliss! I plan to take her out for a full drive this weekend. Perhaps I'll take her to Livermore on the back roads. Oh, and I live in San Jose.

Back