• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for wheel opinions/pics

mncontour

CEG'er
I have a black 1999 Contour. Im not sure which model (one fender says SE and the other says LX) with 12 spoke 15 inch rims.

Im getting tired of the rims currently on my car.
I want to get different rims, but I don't have room to store winter rims. And here in Minnesota, its easy to wreck aftermarket rims in the winter due to the salt. Plus my budget is limited. I did however find a couple sets of rims on craigslist near me. Here is what I have found:
1.)set of 4 Focus 15 inch 5 double spoke rims w/tires and center caps for $150
2.)set of 4 Focus 16 inch 6 spoke rims w/tires no (center caps) for $200 3.)set of 4 Cougar 16 inch 6 spoke rims w/tires for $200
4.)set of 4 Mystique 15 inch 6 spoke polished/brushed aluminum rims w/tires and center caps for $200.
Im just not sure which set would look best on my car.

So Im wondering if anyone has a Contour/Mystique with factory rims from a Focus, Cougar, or any other car (I know the list is short) on it to give me ideas.
If so, please post pics.

Or suggest one of the sets I found or a different type of rim. I would like your opinions please.

And yes, I searched this site and Google. I only found 1 or 2 Contours with Focus rims.

Thanks in advance for your pics and/or opinions.

My SVT Focus wheels.

DSCN0489.jpg

DSCN0498.jpg

That's exactly what my first contour looked like. I bought it new for my wife. That started my obsession.

look on tirerack.com.... there were some nice rims on sale for $45 or $50 each.

Back