• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My solution to the void left after relocation of the IMRC

solo92s10

Hard-core CEG'er
Plan on relocating my imrc in a little bit while my engine is out for an overhaul and dress up. Heres what I came up with for the void left behind after the IMRC is gone.

This is the shaved valve covers sandblasted and ready for powdercoat.(need bigger oven before I can coat them, soon)

IMG_2974     2..jpg

IMG_2973     2..jpg

Mockup of the spark plug cover. It will be bolted to the 2 center valve cover bolts with a little modification. Also Im hoping to sneak the wires under the intake manifold and under the spark plug cover. I know the wires fit under the cover at that location Im just not sure if theres room under the intake mani without getting against something hot.

IMG_2976     2..jpg

And the cover half polished to see if Its going to be fully polished or powdercoated. Still not sure. Its sitting on another shaved valve cover thats for sale. Also going to be running the full 3l waterpump cover with this setup.

IMG_2982    2..jpg

IMG_2981   2..jpg

Any suggestions welcome also insight on running plug wires under/around the upper intake. Thanks

Isn't the 95 front cover bare already? Since they had vacuum secondaries? Not knocking your work as it looks sick, just wondering for simplicity sake.

They still had different mounting points for an cover similar to the imrc cover. I looked through the engine bay pic thread earlier today and seen a 3l valve cover that looks good and does essentially what i did and still cleared the svt upper intake, think it might have been gomach1 car. I have spare svt covers so went with this. Also though it would be good to be different.

Here's where I'm hoping to bring the wires in. If I can route them in a way keeping them off hot metals.

adamuje3.jpg

And should look something like this when done. Plus 2 Allen head bolts in the cover.

e3emy5u7.jpg

agazanum.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back