• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My IMRC re-location

doomsayer559

CEG'er
Moved for known reasons due to heat. I chose underneath the battery. This was the best place for me to move the IMRC to. It only required one hole drilled and extending the wires about 8". Its currently bolted to the bottom side of the battery tray. I used a bolt that holds the IMRC cover onto the valve cover because of its length and it ensures clearance below the battery. And fastened it with an accoridingly sized nut.

I was reassured asvto why I was doing this when it was HOT to the touch. Well. Not anymore!

Nice. That should add some life to ur IMRC...

I just wanted to show people how easy it actually is and its worthehile. Took me about an hour. Drill one hole, extend the wires and walla! Probably will snip the pigtail off an e1 harness though and swap and thrn solder instead of crimp. But it works good. No issues that i used to experience frequently.

That is a good place. The IMRC box should be sealed up well enough to keep out water/moisture that splashes up there.

That is a good place. The IMRC box should be sealed up well enough to keep out water/moisture that splashes up there.

Yeah I saw that location. And I thought no way its going to just slide in there. Well it did, snugly which is good. And the one hole in the bottom of the battery tray was just slightly off. So I drilled RIGHT next to it.

I couldnt believe how hot it was when I took my IMRC cover off. There was no way in hell I was leaving it there!

Back