• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear Subframe bolt

csvtpsu

CEG'er
Hey everyone. I am sorry if this is not the right place since it isn't modification but i don't know where else to put it since there isn't a general maintenance sub-forum so please move this if it is in the wrong place. I am attempting to remove the front subframe for my 98 svt in order to pull the trans out. i went to take the rear subframe bolt out on the drivers side and it is just spinning. I can feel through the little hole something on the frame side spinning with the bolt but have no idea how to get to it or what it is even. Does anyone know how i can get to it because i can't seem to find anyone having this problem. Thanks in advance to any help.

Dave

Last edited:
Awesome thanks. I had read that you could get access to it through floor but when i read window i thought it was like an open hole in the floor not that you had to cut through that black stuff. Thanks so much

Dave

Once you get the carpet back out of the way, you can see a very subtle 2-3" square depression in the floor, which is how you can tell where to start cutting away the black stuff. the grate is directly beneath it.

Back