• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

aftermarket cooling fans mod

96redrocket

New CEG'er
1996 contour v6

Do anyone have a how to installing aftermarket cooling fans? my ride is an old one and i dont want to buy a new oem one. Is there a mod out there? thanks guys

The contour fans are literally the best oem fans money can buy.

People who do engine swaps in other vehicles steal them from junkyards because they work so well, you should do the same.

Agreed, OEM V6 Contour and old Taurus SHO dual fans are sought after items, they move absolutely stupid amounts of air, and are low profile, so they fit the space, and there isn't much space.

Worst case, your old fan motors might need new brushes, and if you're at all mechanically inclined, you can get new brushes at an alternator rebuild shop and replace them. Polish the commutator with some very fine sand-paper (it's called crocus cloth), and add some oil to the bearing wicks while the motor is apart.

is there a replacement motor for the fans? I'm fairly good with engines but not electrical motors like the fans one.

Back