• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wilwood 13" front kit

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
Anyone have Wilwood kit for front? I have a few questions about it. Pros, cons, etc..

I have been looking for it, bat no longer lists it on thier site. I also want the tce rear brake kit!

TCE does have the front and rear kits but they are sooooo expensive....... $1300 for front and $600 for rear :throwup:

YES way too expensive! For two piston calipers..... same as the Baers but they do look very nice IMHO!

Still not worth like 500 bucks more than the Baers!

And it sucks that if you NEED to, you cannot go elsewhere for a pair of brake pads compared to the baers.

My eyes are set on baers within my next 2 paychecks!

Ill keep my eyes on this to see the comparison this will be interesting!:eek:

Make me change my mind!

- amyn

Andy Auto Sport! And if you buy a couple they will talk with their supervisors for a cheaper deal!!

Ya i didnt think they were cheap for most of their stuff:shrug:

- amyn

AWSOME, I am gonna talk to the wife tonight and see if she gives me the ok to get them, then the svtf front brakes from my 3l turbo will go on vader.

Talk to them and see what they will offer, if its low enough I am 100% in with the wifes concent or not:laugh:

Talk to them and see what they will offer, if its low enough I am 100% in with the wifes concent or not:laugh:

Well I just went through the whole checkout thing to get a final price after shipping and it's $93 shipping. :rolleyes:

Let me shoot them an email and see if they'll offer a group discount.

Last edited:
YES way too expensive! For two piston calipers.....

And it sucks that if you NEED to, you cannot go elsewhere for a pair of brake pads compared to the baers.

I agree about the 2 piston calipers, but you can upgrade to the 4 and 6 piston. Average pads are $67 for Wilwood BSL6r 6 piston calipers.

I do like that the pads for the baers are so easy to get just by doing a search on ebay for the cobra and corvette pads.

I have the entire baer front kit and 1/2 of the wilwood front kit and I am getting the brackets and rotors from the baer kit to work with the wilwood calipers but I don't want to do all the work and realize that having the wilwoods are more of a pain than anticipated.....

I don't know what to do.....

Any body use the TCE rear kit??? Im going to be doing a drum to disk conversion soon and i was just wondering???

If not does anybody have a part number for CSVT front rotors.

O my a Wilwood 6 Piston Caliper would be awesome!!!!

Probably GORGEOUS on the car! But really the fact that you must purchase a pad from an authorized from where besides the internet.... and wait especially if you have a problem really sucks.

If you have a backup plan that would be great otherwise the baers are for me!

I would love a Group buy and I am in 100%

I have already asked them and they said they would have 2 talk 2 the managers in order to get a price in!

I will call and put down a 100% for 5 of them and see what they can do!

- amyn

~$750 is for the standard Baer kit. I paid about $1250 for my 13" Baer kit... which includes the 2 part lightweight rotors and tax. No shipping since they're about 15 minutes from me. I was originally planning on doing the 12" FSVT upgrade... but I thought even those would look small with my wheels. In hindsight, I do wish I spent the extra $200-300 for the TCE kit, but I was already way over my planned budget. The benefit of the TCE kit over Baer's is it only comes with the 2 piece lightweight rotors, it has lightweight calipers, and 4/6 pot calipers (more clamping force than Baer's 2 pot).

I got the 11.75" TCE rear kit (he's also about 15 mins from me :)) because that maintains the OEM brake bias when combined with 13" fronts. He said he hasn't sold that many of the rear kits. People only upgrading their front brakes are weird.

Back