• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

References bulbs dashboard ?

filou901

New CEG'er
Hello all

I have a 1998 Mondeo with green ligtning on dashboard.

Yesterday I disassemble the instrument cluster and the auxiliary indicator and I was surprised to find no reference on the bulbs or their wattage!

I would like to change all these bulbs alot more there grilled :cry:

Thanks by advance for help :cool:

Dashboard bulbs :

Auxiliary indicator :

The dash bulbs are 194 wedge base lamps, these are 14V, 0.27A, this is pretty typical for dash illumination and dash idiot lamps. There are high brightness 194's out there, but they're brighter for a short time, they run too hot and the filament evaporates out on the inside of the glass, don't waste your $ on them.
Shop around, buy a box of 10, unless you just like paying $2/bulb in blister packs.
http://www.1000bulbs.com/product/1127/IND-0194-10PK.html

Can't tell what bulbs are in the auxiliary indicator, maybe check the bulb table in the owner's manual?

Thank you for your help !
Unfortunately no indication in the Owner's Manual.
I already spend several hours on the talkford forum and on internet without result, these references are a mystery...

Against by the dimensions on the link does not seem to fit.
I measure the bulb caliper and I get:

Diameter : 6,8mm = 0.26 in
Length : 19,5mm = 0.76 in

This will go anyway?
I'm afraid there have false contacts in the socket ?

Thanks

There is bulbs from the indicator :
Length with socket : 0.77 in
Lenght without socket : 0.99 in
Length bulb : 0.41 in
Diameter bulb : 0.19 in

Desolated for erreure translation bulbs I look for are those for the combined instrument and not the dashboard

thanks

Bulbs for :

I just noticed you're in France, sorry for the US link to 194 bulbs, you'll need to find something local, but the 194 wedge base designation and bulb voltage and current will be the same for the instrument cluster.

Here in the US, we call the auxiliary indicator lamps "grain of wheat bulbs', owing to their size and shape. From the size, that looks like a T-1&1/4 lamp, so it could be one of the following: DW07, DW21, or DW48, all three are 14V, only the currents and brightness are different, see this data sheet.
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/208/STANDARD T-1 1_43-25706.pdf

It would help to know the actual bulb dimensions, length and diameter, then we can cross reference it to the right size.

So your Auxiliary indicator was made by Lucas, eh?
You might need some of this stuff. :laugh:
lucas-smoke_zps561a0fb6.jpg

Gmorrell thousand thanks for all that informations I'll work on it!

It's a bit frustrating to find single row of light bulbs over the dismantling of the dashboard is not much fun especially for repeat 3 times ...

Yes lucas part amazing joke :laugh:

I damn myself for the two red beauty on picture background :dizzy:

Back