• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hella 80mm projector fogs

DanMyers

Hard-core CEG'er
Just installed some projector fogs I got for fairly cheap, very thick glass cover over the lens, made in Germany. Mounted by drilling 2 holes for supplied tabs, adjusted (still needs to be adjusted in the last picture) by simply tightening or loosening those 2 mount screws, will soon bend a bar for the supplied adjuster screw soon. Very solid mounting and h3's adapted to stock wiring using scrap 893 bases for easy/quick replacement. 3000k HIDs are on the way and LaminX will be going on soon.

OzRP6SV.jpg

yWeXlKb.jpg

T1jYohs.jpg

Currently the car has about an inch of rake with the rear being higher, so they kind of point low but they completely cover the dark spot under the low beams and the cutoff is sharp, once the rear gets dropped down to level it out and the 35w 3000k HIDs I ordered are added they should act as perfect fog lights; short, wide, and low beam pattern.Today I'm going to bend up two pieces of flat steel to connect the top bracket screw to the adjustment screw that was provided on the lamp, it's a screw mounted on a swivel socket so I can simply add nuts to either side of the steel to force that screw on an angle and adjust up/down.

Those are quality lights. And they fit like a glove. But I hate to burst your bubble, the HIDs will almost certainly burn your projector housings. While the HIDs use less juice, the HID capsule (bulb) runs considerably hotter than a halogen H3 bulb....

Well if someone were to know, it'd probably be you haha. With how hot they are I can see it, but the pattern is great and they do fit ok, probably better on the SVT bumper since the hole is round, my SE bumper has an oval fog hole and since my weekend starts tomorrow I am going to pull them out and trim inside the bumper to better fit the housing and allow a little more airflow. They are surprisingly cheap at $50/projector so I may just get an extra set to have on hand, even though the glass is thick, it's probably a good idea.

Well 80MM is roughly 3.1" and those are roughly 3.2", the SE bumper I have has oval openings for the fogs, but uses the same fogs as an SVT, my 80MMs are a pretty close match to the stock size, and those bolts for the universal bracket could probably be used with the stock fog bracket SVT or non, as per the How-To for Proburners.

Back