• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

projectors

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
So, i got to thinking about making myselt a set of projector lenses for the SVT and was wondering what all projectors people have used from other cars. I have a set of 05 Passat headlights with projector low beams and was wondering if possibly they would work.

Anything can work. You just have to accomodate for it. Bulb change is the main thing for the Passat ( you can get a harness adapter or make one ), and of course the fitment is all custom anyways. I'm sure you know I'm running Cougar quads in mine ( high and low projectors ), I just had to do lots of trimming.

I just acquired a set of cougar projectors today to swap in. One because they were free and two cause i wont have to splice in new pig tales.

With how quickly your headlights can be destroyed in an accident or impact, I would stick with the cougar projectors simply for replacement cost. Any projector is better than a stock light (accept a brand new shiney oem headlight :drool:)

I do not mean be harsh, but if splicing wires is a challenge or concern for you, then making projectors is a whole other story...

Anyway, if you want keep cost low, then go for Hella 90mm Projectors. They have 65w H9 bulbs in them, and are the brighest non-HID projectors on the market now. In addition, they fit really well in the Contour headlights...

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Back