• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Coverlay dash cover 12-504

davidw99

New CEG'er
My Contour has the dreaded dash curl. I have bolted down the dash just inside of the vents but it looks not so good. Coverlay makes a molded plastic dash cover that extends from the windshield to just past the vents. http://coverlaymfg.com/lookup.html?Reload=1414683216035. However, it is listed for 95 - 97 Contours and 95 - 98 Mystique. My Contour is a 99. Can anyone provide information on how the dash may differ between a 97 and a 99? I am considering ordering one of the covers and altering it if necessary if it is a close fit. I just don't want to order it if it isn't even close.

Thanks.

The dash on the pre 98 has a hard plastic vent cover that goes across the complete front edge of the dash. The dash warp/curl has had a recall and a repair kit made for it. Too late for recall fix. Find the parts either NOS or pull them from a junkyard car. The kits are a metal cover that you pop rivet over the vent opening and it covers the curled edges.

Search for "dash warp" in the search section for more information on the kit and how to.

Thank you for your reply.

I haven't had any luck finding a recall kit. That's why I was wondering if the Coverlay piece would work.

Back