• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Chrome inserts for 95 Bumper

germanfordguy

CEG'er
A long shot, as I've come up empty searching. Does anyone know if there is a source for the chrome inserts specific to the 1995 bumpers? I realize most you are in the 98 and newer body styles, but if these exist somewhere, someone here is the most likely candidate to know where.

Thanks!

Thanks for these leads-- will check in with Showcars-bodyparts tomorrow. Except for the chrome inserts, bumpers are in near perfect shape. If I can't find replacements, I'll either live with them or have a body shop remove them and repaint if necessary.

I think your best option is to have them painted and cleared I did mine a few years ago
chrome gone , gray n gross
100_7500.jpg

after repaint with silver reflective paint
100_7504.jpg

Humm, had not considered painting them..... right now they are all speckled. the deterioration seems to be under the outer layer of plastic

Attachments

• 20140827_103201..gif
    20140827_103201..gif
    48.3 KB · Views: 0
yeah I took a razor blade and very slowly cut the outer plastic mylar chrome strip off and painted what was left on the bumper still with DUPLI-COLOR Night Lights reflective coating part #NL200 silver then cleared it pics I posted don't really do justice

Back