• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Replace rear bumper stud

BlackE1

Veteran CEG'er
I was removing the rear bumper and i ended up breaking the driver upper stud. Has anyone tried to replace any of the studs ever? I plan to look into it this weekend. I will post the fix if i come up with a good one.

I have one.. $15 shipped. hit it out with a hammer and new one bolts into place.

That's easy I actually have another bumper I replaced with the non damaged one. I will remove a stud from that one.
Thanks for the help and if I need a stud I know to ask you

The studs are all one piece for the rear bumper that is rivited. Drill out the 2 rivits and pop the U bolt out. Slide it into the bumper and rivit it back in. Big rivits too.

The studs are all one piece for the rear bumper that is rivited. Drill out the 2 rivits and pop the U bolt out. Slide it into the bumper and rivit it back in. Big rivits too.

I bought a rear SVT bumper from a guy not on here, in removing it, one of the studs on the bumper support had a completely rusted nut on it I guess. So he used a blow torch of all things on the bolt and destroyed the riveted piece with studs. Looking at it I figured I could just remove the bumper support (looked like it was just strong tabs holding it in) and use the one on my car. I was able to loosen all the tabs and noticed it looks like its some kind of adhesive or glue holding the bumper support in. I was wondering is it anyway to dissolve this glue.

Back