• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anybody Use Adam's Polishes?

Tex

Hard-core CEG'er
On my little vacation away from CEG I invested in a PC and some products. I went with Adam's after hearing some testimonials on the G8 boards. The stuff is not cheap, but so far I'm pretty happy, and they make it very easy for a noob like me to get started. No numbers, fancy names, alternatives, etc.; just swirl remover, polish, and wax.

Nothing has been able to get my ungodly number of exhaust tips clean like their All Purpose Cleaner. The swirl and haze remover with their massive orange pad promptly corrected my very swirled paint after being followed up with Fine Machine Polish. VRT finishes things off very nicely but I'll be getting their new Super VRT which is water resistant. Their Detail Spray and Waterless Wash both work very well.

I read through the stickied recommended list and it looks like that might need a little updating seeing as it's four years old and tons of new products have come out.

I havent tried any of their products, but I watched a TON of how to videos on youtube by junkman2000 and he LOVES the stuff! The junkman also has his own section on the Adams forums. His videos are great, lots of knowledge and he doesnt bore you to death. I picked up a PC a couple months ago also, still figuring out the right pad/product combo's. So far I like the results.

Lets see some pics of the G8 all shined up :cool:

Lets see some pics of the G8 all shined up :cool:

I think I got banned the last time I did that, so I'd rather not. Actually, I think I've gotten banned both of the last times that I posted a car other than a Contour. Thanks though.

+1 on the Junkman. I think he's a little biased because it seems like he's paid to use Adam's and attend car shows, but I've seen some of his videos and he is very helpful.

I think I got banned the last time I did that, so I'd rather not. Actually, I think I've gotten banned both of the last times that I posted a car other than a Contour. Thanks though.

no, you got banned the last time for flaimbaiting other members of this forum. the flaimbaiting not only was the text of the post but the way the photos where posted also, not because of the content of the pictures themselves.

no, you got banned the last time for flaimbaiting other members of this forum. the flaimbaiting not only was the text of the post but the way the photos where posted also, not because of the content of the pictures themselves.

Whatever you say chief. The "way" the pictures were posted...? The point is that every time I post pictures of one of my cars, a certain smart ass comes into the thread and all hell breaks loose, generally ending with me getting banned (not that I really mind it...). I'm still not posting pictures of my G8.

its was the intent of the thread. you where flaimbaiting. if you had just posted the pictures without the text you would not have gotten an infraction for flaimbaiting. Its not hard to understand at all.

next time you post pictures, if you do, don't flaim back to said member. just use the report post button and it will be addressed. If you don't break the forum rules your not going to get an infraction, which might in turn earn you a ban.

but I see you just want to be childish about this because you still believe you where wronged. so be it then.

I'm not being childish. I understand that I should have left the text out, but you said it was the way I posted the pictures as well, which I didn't understand. Also, I could look the thread up, but I don't believe that I did post anything inflamatory after the original post, and I DID just hit the report button. But, as a moderator Brian, you should know that this should have be taken to PM's at this point. In fact, I think I have a PM from you from about 2 months ago that I never bothered to finish.

Another thread down the tubes....

People, if you're curious about getting into detailing, Adam's really does make it easy and their stuff is top notch IMO.

I was introduced to Adam's Polishes in '07 or '08 by I8rice. Use used it on his 1998 SVT Mustang, so I tried their products as well. We both have had fantastic looking results time and time again for shows.

If it needs it swirl & haze remover.
If it needs it Revive Polish
Two coats buttery wax
One coat Glaze.

Makes a HUGE difference in my SE.

I also have introduced it to my GM buddies with a 91 Camaro and an 86' Monte SS. Both were extremely impressed with the revive polish and the swirl and haze remover. Made a big difference at GM Carlisle over the weekend.

So the verdict: Costly, but it works awesome.

And use the detail spray. Don't skimp on that. Makes the polishing pads come clean right away, and removes the residues immediately. It is also one of the few wipes that will work streak and spot free in the direct sunlight on a black (or any color) car!

Back