• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

C/V headlight resore kit from walmart

icysvt

Addicted CEG'er
Ok so i have heard good things about the headlight restore kit from god ole wally world. I figured the wifes headlight on the cougar would be as good of a test as any. They looked like CRAP. Well here are the results. I will let them speak for themselves.

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

I will ad this. I am highly impressed and would reccommend this kit to anyone. only thing you need that isnt included would be some painters tape for the car unless you remove your lights, and a water bottle to spray with. kit comes with 1000g and 2500g paper, some sort of light abrasive polish, a glove, some special paper towels, and a top coat sealer. you get one piece of each grit for each light 1 polish for each and 2 top coats for each. I did these lights in about 30 min. www.myheadlight.com is their website.

I've never said it was a bad kit, just that its overpriced for what it is. The 3M kit on the other hand comes with a sanding pads and a polishing pad and does a great job with a lot less "work" for your hands.

I've never said it was a bad kit, just that its overpriced for what it is. The 3M kit on the other hand comes with a sanding pads and a polishing pad and does a great job with a lot less "work" for your hands.
dishpan hands dont belong on a car other than to be cleaning it or washing it. a lil sanding isnt going to hurt man hands:laugh: id rather hand sand anyways. i'd fugg it up with a drill lol

Not me. I love working with my hands but sanding by hand is for the Amish just like with car polishing. :) I'd hate to develop tennis elbow from rubbing a headlight.

Not me. I love working with my hands but sanding by hand is for the Amish just like with car polishing. :) I'd hate to develop tennis elbow from rubbing a headlight.
lmao realistically i spent no more than 10 mins sanding total, then another maybe 3-4 with the polish and then the sealer you just wipe on. no biggie to me, especially after my last job lol.

Honestly yours didnt look all that bad though. When I did my sisters Neon headlights by hand it clogged up sheet after sheet of sand paper before I could go finer and then hit it with the polish. Texas is rough on headlights.

Honestly yours didnt look all that bad though. When I did my sisters Neon headlights by hand it clogged up sheet after sheet of sand paper before I could go finer and then hit it with the polish. Texas is rough on headlights.
eh they were looking pretty rough but ya i know tx can be rough i grew up in houston lol. I wish i knew exactly what was in the top coat pouches, I would buy a bottle of it and do everything i could with it lol.

I used good old sandpaper and clear coat. I need to do it again because I did it on a windy day with my garage door open.... but I am happy with the results.
Took a couple hours for both :blackeye: I probably should have used that kit and saved some time.

a102a1b7.jpg

Back