• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Porter Cable

to tell you the truth I think harbor freight sucks balls.

It'll work, but you usually get what you pay for.

I would tend to agree with both of these statements. I have found that things from HF don't tend to last really long, but on the other hand, it is only $60 so even if it dies in a year you aren't out a whole lot.

harbor Freight power tools tend not to be worth their money..... go to a pawn shop or CL and buy a used Porter Cable/Bosch/Dewalt/Makita/Milwaukee etc you'll be glad you did.

Lets get one thing straight before you make a purchase: thats a rotary polisher and is a totally different tool than a porter cable orbital polisher. The stories you hear about people burning through clearcoat and damaging paint come from those types of polishers that create a lot of heat.

I buy HF, but only for odd tools, and dont expect them to out live me. Craftsman for all the mandatory tools.

I own a Porta cable, and I had to replace it with in a year (4-5 uses). The inside of the bearing flew out, the wheel almost took my head off.
Replaced no questions asked. I wouldny buy anything less, however.

Thanks for everyones input. I am going with PurtySVT suggestion. Im hitting the Pawnshops.

Don't expect to find one there though. Your best bet for a cheap one is a clearance buy at home depot or lowes when they randomly stock them.

Back