• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

*SEPARATED* RACEBITS 2-Bolt Flange Stainless Steel Header/Y-Pipe Set!

rollinstylee

Hard-core CEG'er
I'm separating this topic from the existing (self-proclaimed NOT group buy) thread on the 3-bolt setup currently in production in order to organize the necessary interest (i.e., group buy) to get a 2-bolt setup made. I've contacted RACEBITS, and Shaun confirmed that they have the design and drawings ready to commission 2-bolt manufacture. All they need is commitment from 10+ people in the form of £20, which is about $32 right now. Once we get 10, I'll contact him about collecting the deposits. You can find all relevant information in gmorrell's thread here: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showt...Mondeo-Cougar-all-stainless-header-and-Y-pipe

I'm pre-populating anyone who mentioned or expressed interest in a 2-bolt, so please remove your question mark to confirm you're in. Maybe only three more to go!

1. rollinstylee
2. bgrogan01 (?)
3. hoodwanka (?)
4. getsum111 (?)
5. Dirtybird204 (?)
6. silver rocket (?)
7. biminiLX (?)

I stopped keeping up with the other thread and haven't read it in a while....so fill me in on the price of just a y-pipe.

I'm separating this topic from the existing (self-proclaimed NOT group buy) thread on the 3-bolt setup currently in production in order to organize the necessary interest (i.e., group buy) to get a 2-bolt setup made. I've contacted RACEBITS, and Shaun confirmed that they have the design and drawings ready to commission 2-bolt manufacture. All they need is commitment from 10+ people in the form of £20, which is about $32 right now. Once we get 10, I'll contact him about collecting the deposits. You can find all relevant information in gmorrell's thread here: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showt...Mondeo-Cougar-all-stainless-header-and-Y-pipe

I'm pre-populating anyone who mentioned or expressed interest in a 2-bolt, so please remove your question mark to confirm you're in. Maybe only three more to go!

1. rollinstylee
2. bgrogan01 (?)
3. hoodwanka (?)
4. getsum111 (?)
5. Dirtybird204 (?)
6. silver rocket (?)
7. biminiLX (?)
8.pithon987

I added myself but that's if its still around $400 shipped for both headers and y-pipe.....

I stopped keeping up with the other thread and haven't read it in a while....so fill me in on the price of just a y-pipe.
I don't want to start duplicating all the content of the other thread, but just this once...http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showt...ainless-header-and-Y-pipe&p=893450#post893450
Cliff's Notes: Either just Y-pipe or just headers are both £130 + £53.99 Shipping (£183.99 total). Honestly you're better off buying the set at the amazing price of ~$400 shipped and parting it here.

I added myself but that's if its still around $400 shipped for both headers and y-pipe.....

I agree with pithon987 about going in on this 2-bolt setup for around $400 shipped. If that's the case, count me in too!...

1. rollinstylee
2. bgrogan01 (?)
3. hoodwanka (?)
4. getsum111 (?)
5. Dirtybird204 (?)
6. silver rocket (?)
7. biminiLX (?)
8.pithon987
9. mcracer21

hardcore in on this, mainly if its still around 400 shipped. i assume the deposit will be taken off the final price.

hardcore in on this, mainly if its still around 400 shipped. i assume the deposit will be taken off the final price.

Yes, will sill come in at around $400, and the deposits will be deducted from this ammount ;)

well looks like we got ten people, where do we send the deposit?

Hey guys I can't make this happen right. I've got a few other more important things I need to pay for. Sorry for the inconvenience.

well looks like we got ten people, where do we send the deposit?
Whoa there, I wouldn't be sending anything anywhere yet; we're at four...

1. rollinstylee
2. bgrogan01 (?)
3. getsum111 (?)
4. Dirtybird204 (?)
5. silver rocket (?)
6. biminiLX (?)
7. pithon987
8. mcracer21
9. newb

1. rollinstylee
2. bgrogan01 (?)
3. getsum111 (?)
4. Dirtybird204 (?)
5.biminiLX (?)
6.pithon987
7.mcracer21
8. newb

I removed my name as I all ready ordered my items from RaceBits.

well if the 2 bolt doesnt work out ill just have to change my exhaust plans ugh...

If we don't have good prospect to get to ten within a week I'll be abandoning this attempt too. I can't wait around with track and autocross season coming up in a couple short months. I though stainless steel headers and y-pipe set for $400 would have a line like free beer. Guess I'm too optimistic.

Count me in!! does anyone know what needs to be done to the stainless steel headers as far O2 sensor positioning, welding brackets, and ect. yet?

1. pithon987
2. mcracer21
3. KnuwSVTOwner
4. bgrogan01 (?)
5. getsum111 (?)
6. Dirtybird204 (?)
7. biminiLX (?)

Current count is three with confirmed interest. Newb and I realized this was going nowhere fast and have made alternate plans. Someone else can assume leadership of this endeavor if they want. Good luck!

Back