• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: automatic sunroof mod/lighted switch kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConcepTrs913

Veteran CEG'er
***THIS IS NOW AN OFFICIAL GROUP BUY AND IT IS READY TO GO***

This is a group buy for an automatic sunroof modification and a lighted switch. This will make your sunroof open and close by the push of one button and the switch will also light up like the door locks etc. There will be step by step instructions and the install is very simple you can do it on your own very easily. The kit is assembled properly with heat shrink and it is color coded ready to go.

Here are the options:

1) Lighted switch, d79 connector if I can get them, auto open AND auto close = $39 plus shipping
2) Lighted switch, d79 connector, auto open only = $26 plus shipping
3) Lighted switch, auto open AND auto close = $32 plus shipping
4) Lighted switch, auto open ONLY= $19 plus shipping
5) auto open AND auto close = $29 plus shipping
6) auto open ONLY = $16 plus shipping

The prices are adjusted appropriately depending on what parts you will need to satisfy the kit.

Please specify which option you would like.

**If you would like me to install this for you for some reason and have the connections soldered in instead of using quick splices, you can ship me your sunroof motor both ways and pay $10 for labor if you choose to** I don't think anyone would do this, but the offer is on the table

If you want one, PM me or put your name in this thread.

Here is a picture of how the lighted switch will work and a video as well.

IMG_4247.jpg

sorry i took it during the day

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/contoursvt93/?action=view&current=MVI_4248.flv

Sorry for the music I didn't even realize it was playing...

PM me or post up on the thread if you want one!

Last edited:
Edited my first post. I was doing two things at once so I must have screwed my words up. The price should be around that because I want to include all the wire connectors to make it easier and then if you all would want printed out instructions with pictures that would take a part in the price.

I would be interested. My wife's Fusion does this and I am so jealous.
Questions though...

The wife's car also has auto-vent and auto-close.
Will this kit do that also, or just auto open?

if you follow hightowers how-to it only auto opens fully and auto closes the vent. with a second relay it could be made to auto close fully and auto open the vent.

edit: FWIW, i have this on my SVT and i love it. probably sometime this summer i will wire in a second relay for the auto close.

I would be interested. My wife's Fusion does this and I am so jealous.
Questions though...

The wife's car also has auto-vent and auto-close.
Will this kit do that also, or just auto open?

This kit will only be auto open and auto close the vent. I can figure out how to do auto close as well most likely, but it will just be more money. As of right now it will be the lighted switch and only be auto open.

My girlfriends Fusion does this too. but i'm lucky enough to have a button for OPEN, VENT, CLOSE, ASC. if the ASC button is red, the roof will stay open when the key is turned off, if green, the sun roof will close automatically when the key is turned off. also, i can have it open, hit the vent button ONCE and it goes straight to vent. i think thats a nice feature.

If it can be made to auto open auto close I'm in. i could care less about the vent

Well the only problem with it opening automatically and closing is that there would be two relays involved and there isn't much room up there to put them. I'll see what I can do. It is going to be hard to get a certain connector because they don't want to sell them for amounts under 100, but I think I am able to so once we get about 10 people in I'll start the buy asap.

So its going to auto Open the sunroof and auto close the vent. The reason why it is going to auto open the sunroof and auto close the vent is because its basically the same function so if it auto opens the sunroof it is going to have to close the vent too if you know what i mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back